Wife's anniversary present

T
TimberTodd
My wife and I celebrate our wedding anniversary next Monday. I cannot believe she has put up with me for 24 years:shock:. I have been hinting to her to get a PFD to go out in my Nucanoe with me fishing. No more hinting, I bought her a nice lifevest. I also bought her a Zebco platinum 33 spincast reel and a 6' med. action Uglystick. I am going to surprise her with it later this week and get her out and on the water this coming weekend.
Todd

Reactions: Markcanby
M
Markcanby
TimberTodd said:
My wife and I celebrate our wedding anniversary next Monday. I cannot believe she has put up with me for 24 years:shock:. I have been hinting to her to get a PFD to go out in my Nucanoe with me fishing. No more hinting, I bought her a nice lifevest. I also bought her a Zebco platinum 33 spincast reel and a 6' med. action Uglystick. I am going to surprise her with it later this week and get her out and on the water this coming weekend.
Todd

I bet she is going to love that like the year I bought my wife exactly what she had been asking for for months. It was a nice Vacuum but she didn't seem to like it.

B
beaverfan
I kinda see where Mark's coming from. It could really go either way. Some women would love the gift as it's a gesture that shows you would love for her to experience something you love and what a great way to spend some more time with each other. Some women aren't gonna look at it that way. But I'm sure after 24 years of marriage you know your wife well enough to pick a gift she will appreciate so I'm thinking she'll love em!

T
TimberTodd
Like I said in my initial post " I am going to surprise her". I will also remind her that she married me for better or for worse:D.
Todd

M
meluvtrout
You might want to take a picture before she opens the presents. You know, to remember the good times!

T
TimberTodd
I've seen the Uglystick commercials and the wives in them have a hard time destroying the rods. Or are you refering to a picture of my wife's smiling face and not the rod? All joking aside these aren't the only gifts I'm giving her. Like Beaverfan suggested, it is a way to get her away from the ratrace of work and home. I am hoping it is just another way for us to enjoy each others company.
Todd