Wickiup open

M
mikeredding
Does anyone know how much snow is there? I am wondering if any of the ramps are open. I don't think we are looking too well for opening weekend.:(:think:

M
Mad dog
mikeredding said:
Does anyone know how much snow is there? I am wondering if any of the ramps are open. I don't think we are looking too well for opening weekend.:(:think:

Winter storm advisory forecast for today as well! 6-12" of snow down to 1,000 ft. Here is a link to the Oregon Snotel depth charts, looks like Chemult is 211% of normal and Cresent lake is 201% of Normal. I would call the lodge at Twin lakes for updates, they are usually very helpful.
Oregon SNOTEL Snow/Precipitation Update Report

P
pkasperek
A few years back we had somewhat the same conditions and all the roads around Wick were covered but the main launch at Gull point was plowed and ready. I cannot see them not keeping that launch clear and ready for opening day but the best bet is to talk with the folks at Twin Lakes they will be able to tell you what things look like.

M
mikeredding
I can remember many years like this and I also remember that Gull Point will be a zoo on opening morning if that is the only ramp open.

P
pkasperek
When it was snowed in a few years back we went up a few days early and boated to Cove at the opening of Davis arm, not a soul near us, i was the best opening day weekend.

J
JeannaJigs
Sounds exceptionally cold. Have fun lol.

Reactions: OnTheFly
C
capblack
nothing like launching in the snow. that could be a seat pinching experience.

Reactions: OnTheFly
F
Finneus Polebender
layers lots of layers good luck to all who brave it and head up there up there .

M
mikeredding
JeannaJigs said:
Sounds exceptionally cold. Have fun lol.

I don't think I am going to go on opening weekend. Probably wait 1 more month and it should be OK.

J
JeannaJigs
Well I was informed today that I will be camping up there for opening weekend. Looks like I will be the one dying from hypothermia lol.

M
mikeredding
JeannaJigs said:
Well I was informed today that I will be camping up there for opening weekend. Looks like I will be the one dying from hypothermia lol.

I hope you aren't doing the tent thing. I have done that before up there on opening and it was absolutely miserable.

J
JeannaJigs
Haha hell no. I'm sleeping in the back of my jeep. I will run the engine and die from carbon monoxide poisoning if I have to lol

T
TTFishon
Last year it wasn't too bad until we got out in the middle of the lake where it was very windy and at times snowing sideways. lol The best part was my idiot buddy was dressed in shorts and a flannel. lol

M
mikeredding
We were up the on opening weekend in the mis 80's and the boat was froze to the bank when we got up Sat. morning. Needless to say it was seriosly cold. And we only caught 2 dinkie Kokes all weekend. Miserable.

T
TTFishon
lol. 2 years ago I was there opening weekend and most of the snow was gone but there was enough to put a damper on finding a place to camp. We'd be driving down a dirt road thinking alright we're almost there and then there'd be a patch of snow in the road just big enough where we couldn't drive through it. lol The thing about central Oregon this time of year. It's always cold. Even by the camp fire. One side of you is burning from the fire while the other side is freezing. lol I love it and can't wait til the 7th and 8th.

J
JeannaJigs
Awesome. You guys make it sound so fun. I can't wait to freeze my ass off. I will be the girl hugging the propane heater.

T
TTFishon
JeannaJigs said:
Awesome. You guys make it sound so fun. I can't wait to freeze my ass off. I will be the girl hugging the propane heater.

Are you going with Thuggin?

J
JeannaJigs
Lol yeah. I was invited to the little guys only campout. That's how rad I am. Lol.