Wickiup and Crane 4-16

wils

FULL! well pretty near full anyway.
After making sure Wickiup would be easily trailerable - no snow....kind of - I continued on to Crane ---- the road from Wickiup to Crane Resort is not too bad. I didn't take the road on towards Sunriver from Crane as it looked covered but easily doable if I was still in "winter mode" with my truck. I'm hoping to hit Wickiup on 23rd.

These were taken from the main ramp at about noon. The first is looking west up the channel. Then center. followed by the main body to the east.
Click on the pics to make them bigger.

1...4-16.jpg 2...4-16.jpg 3...4-16.jpg

4labs

Great report
Thanks for the info and taking the time.
Do you think the road from crescent cutoff to wick is open ?
Cant wait for a repot. Good luck.

GaryP1958

FULL! well pretty near full anyway.
After making sure Wickiup would be easily trailerable - no snow....kind of - I continued on to Crane ---- the road from Wickiup to Crane Resort is not too bad. I didn't take the road on towards Sunriver from Crane as it looked covered but easily doable if I was still in "winter mode" with my truck. I'm hoping to hit Wickiup on 23rd.

These were taken from the main ramp at about noon. The first is looking west up the channel. Then center. followed by the main body to the east.
Click on the pics to make them bigger. The ramp is a good 20 feet down from that today! Sheriff is on the lake! People are are squatting on the closed Gull Pt campgrounds! The Twin Lake ramp area looks questionable for launching unless you have neck high waders!

View attachment 615385View attachment 615386View attachment 615387

GaryP1958

Nice day at Crane glassy and warm before noon! Saw alot of smaller bows caught by folks fishing the main snags area! My area is the dam area so a long troll over there. A few lost takedowns on the way then finally back in the channel by the dam and the meter went off. Got a nice 17 inch bass, then the wind picked up and trolled back to the resort zig zagging thru the tree tops.The dam ramp had a few guys with 4wd that got in there and where camping. The FS is issuing tickets for no FS pass displayed about 20 unhappy folks got tickets! The Main ramp got the docks put in today when people where launching quite the clusterf###

GaryP1958

By the way Fall River Hatchery is well stocked with nice fish however gnat size bugs with 1 lb test is the ticket!

for ads free experience.

Top Bottom