Wickiup 7/27 & 7/30

wils

Thanks to fellow OFF'er JFrost for his timely report
Launched from the shore at the North Ramp. That might not be so doable next week as the lake is dropping a couple of feet a day.
7/27 - Water wasnt coming out of the OB so I just went about 300 yards, found a school that wanted my jig and caught 3 quick kokes in the 16-18" range by 6:30. I didnt want to stick around running soley on electric power so called it a "day" @ 8 AM
7/30 - without the thermostat my plan was to look for kokes on my way out to do some bassin'. Couldnt find any that wanted to bite so I kept on out to the "bass grounds". Found a stretch of shore where the bass were in post-spawn. Caught 4 in the 2#-5# size. Then the bite absolutely stopped dead. Looked around and saw 4 river otters. So much for bassin'. Went back looking for kokes but the koke bite was pretty much off for everyone that I saw/talked to - except for the under 10# size.
I'll be headed back out next week to try again.

JasonInBend

@wils - glad the reports have been helpful. I've never been that successful jigging @ Wickiup, how much water were you in? What type of jig/lure were you using? TIA

wils

@wils - glad the reports have been helpful. I've never been that successful jigging @ Wickiup, how much water were you in? What type of jig/lure were you using? TIA
pink/white 3/4 oz jig. the lens on my phone camerais fuzzed do to construction so no pics.
I look for fish on the ff in the channels off the points. average 25' deep no matter how much water is in the lake.