Wickiup 05/20-05/22/2011

T
Thuggin4Life
Headed out to wickiup to meet up with TT friday after work. got a late start but made it in time to get set up before dark. started raining not to long after i got there. Did some serious campfireing(you can decide what that consist of) and made it on the water saturday morning with 2 hours of sleep and had a line in before just before 5 am. trolled rapalas until noon is without anything. hit every spot i knew to produce with nothing. after doing a full recon around the entire lake we started to head for camp. switched up to a fender and worm and hit a few spots on the way in. had a fw kokes on but they ripped the hooks out showing us how acrobatic they can be. Did some firewood rounding up and set up a shooting range. shot my 40 and broke in my new kimber ultra carry II 45. tryed to work on TT's motor but had a lack of tools to fix it so we left him on the bank and did an evening rapala troll and decided to see how close i coukld get to craine. made it about halfway to the dam. Decided to try a fender and worm in the shallows and we picked up a few small browns. lost a few at the boat and had several hits. managed to keep a 13 incher and a 2 1/2 lber for my self. trolled down the arm until to dark to fish and had bfishing drive the boat back to camp in the blackness while i surveyed for collisions. Did some more campfireing and over slept so got a late start in the morning. trolled from 8 until noon and managd to pick up a 2 1/4 lber right away. after we packed up we set up another shooting ranged and blasted off the rest of the ammo before heading home. dont think i had a sober momemt from friday afternoon until monday morning. Was a great trip among friends. Here are some pics. the date and time is a bit off though. fisrt pic was around 2 in the afternoon on the 22nd so you do the math.

• DSCI3032.jpg
  • DSCI3021.jpg
  • DSCI3035.jpg
  • DSCI3026.jpg
  • DSCI3028.jpg
  • DSCI3029.jpg
  • DSCI3023.jpg
  • DSCI3034.jpg
  • DSCI3030.jpg
Reactions: JeannaJigs
J
JeannaJigs
Freaking great times. Thanks for the invite.

Reactions: Thuggin4Life
M
Mad dog
Thuggin4Life said:
Headed out to wickiup to meet up with TT friday after work. got a late start but made it in time to get set up before dark. started raining not to long after i got there. Did some serious campfireing(you can decide what that consist of) and made it on the water saturday morning with 2 hours of sleep and had a line in before just before 5 am. trolled rapalas until noon is without anything. hit every spot i knew to produce with nothing. after doing a full recon around the entire lake we started to head for camp. switched up to a fender and worm and hit a few spots on the way in. had a fw kokes on but they ripped the hooks out showing us how acrobatic they can be. Did some firewood rounding up and set up a shooting range. shot my 40 and broke in my new kimber ultra carry II 45. tryed to work on TT's motor but had a lack of tools to fix it so we left him on the bank and did an evening rapala troll and decided to see how close i coukld get to craine. made it about halfway to the dam. Decided to try a fender and worm in the shallows and we picked up a few small browns. lost a few at the boat and had several hits. managed to keep a 13 incher and a 2 1/2 lber for my self. trolled down the arm until to dark to fish and had bfishing drive the boat back to camp in the blackness while i surveyed for collisions. Did some more campfireing and over slept so got a late start in the morning. trolled from 8 until noon and managd to pick up a 2 1/4 lber right away. after we packed up we set up another shooting ranged and blasted off the rest of the ammo before heading home. dont think i had a sober momemt from friday afternoon until monday morning. Was a great trip among friends. Here are some pics. the date and time is a bit off though. fisrt pic was around 2 in the afternoon on the 22nd so you do the math.

Didn't have a sober moment from friday afternoon until monday morning.....He,he,he.....I've had wickiup trips like that my self!;) :lol: The guys in our fishing group had christened my buddies boat the USS Yukon Jack! :D If you have ever been too drunk to fish....You might be a redneck!!!

Nice pic's and fish! Makes me homesick for Paulina and East!

Reactions: Thuggin4Life and n8r1
T
TTFishon
I had a blast too! Can't wait for a repeat only with a working motor. lol

Reactions: Thuggin4Life
S
skunk
Looks like fun, that pup of yours is all growed up!

S
Sinkline

Last edited:
T
Thuggin4Life
Thanks. I was a bit diapointed that i only got into a few small eater browns. i like to get into the bigger ones that you just have to let go to be caught again. besides big browns dont taste that good but boy those were some good eatin browns.

L
lilsalmon
Nice pics.....looks like a good time and fishes too!

S
SALTYFISH
OOOOoooooo,I'm jealous, sounds like u guys had a blast...

J
JeannaJigs
Literally...Campfire shenanigans.

L
lilsalmon
Campfire shenanigans always makes for a great trip......

H
Hawk
Looks like a FUn time was had by all...:lol::lol::lol::lol:
Well Done guys & gals.
Beautiful pics~~thankyou
Kiska looks great.

:clap::clap::clap:
:D:D:D
:dance::dance:
:cool::cool:

H
Halfthrive
Dude you always get some great pics when your out there.

T
Thuggin4Life
Thanks i wish i would have taken some more. TT got a few good ones.

O
OnTheFly
Andy, you never cease to amaze me. You are hard core action. You always seem to catch nice fish, you're out on the water before light and back after dark no matter what the weather's doing, and you do this after a binge night with only a couple hours of sleep. Dude you're the man.

So tell me what the campfire consisted of. Did it involve gasoline?

J
JeannaJigs
It involved half of the deschutes forest, gasoline and lighter fluid, we went on a logging/shooting adventure.

J
JeannaJigs
haha just noticed the picture of brandon, that's priceless.

T
TTFishon
JeannaJigs said:
It involved half of the deschutes forest, gasoline and lighter fluid, we went on a logging/shooting adventure.

And some real Mississippi moonshine.

J
JeannaJigs
I forgot about that. I shoulda had some. whiskey and beer did me in though, i mean, I was sleep walking half a mile through the forest.

T
TTFishon
Ah you didn't try any shine. It was nice and smooth.....and who knows, maybe you would've only slept walked a quarter of a mile through the woods.