Who's watching Gold Rush?

B

bigsteel

I have been watching this show and these guys are dumb as a rock but very fun to watch

B

BobbiDollPDX

I watch it On Demand now and then but the obvious staging of "crisis" moments is a bit annoying. I was watching the most recent episode and turned it off when they showed how the equipment was failing. If they bought that stuff in Oregon, I wish I could find the company who made it so I could sell them some FEA software. Simple stress testing analysis during the design process could have prevented that.

B

bigsteel

I watch it On Demand now and then but the obvious staging of "crisis" moments is a bit annoying. I was watching the most recent episode and turned it off when they showed how the equipment was failing. If they bought that stuff in Oregon, I wish I could find the company who made it so I could sell them some FEA software. Simple stress testing analysis during the design process could have prevented that.
i dont get the crisis moments either,like when they had to get gas at the very last minute,they knew they needed gas and put it off til the last second or the guy sleeping in a tent in bear country,he didn't have a bear fence around his tent,he must have lost rock,paper,scissors......i dont know why i keep watching but i like the show

brandon4455

brandon4455

i think it's an awesome show. havent watched it for about a week and a half though. it's pretty exciting

G

GDBrown

I have been watching this show and these guys are dumb as a rock but very fun to watch

Their not a dumb as the Swap People Show! Those guys really need help and not just with their language skills.

This reality TV stuff has gone too far for me. I either want to be entertained with fiction or fishing OR educated with some real science.

Last edited:
B

Bad Tuna

. They're dumb as a post! I would have killed the real estate guy by now, talk about a worthless sack! None of those guys have a clue what they're doing, then bringing up the
wives and kids when they have no money? Dumb dumb dumb! Total slow motion train wreck.

C

colbypearson

i got hooked on that alaska gold mining show with the guys from oregon haha, i dont know what to say as of yet all i know is for some reason i stay tuned haha

O

OnTheFly

I watched a portion of one episode where all they did for the whole show was trying to weld and fix they're crappy apparatus. Then the one guy starts suffering from body pain i think his legs then had to be removed from the job. None of them really had a clue. IMO

troutdude

troutdude

I watched all of about 2.75 episodes. I quickly got bored too, with the redundant (and lame arse) "crisis moments" too. It saddens me to think that they are representin' Oregonians. Most of 'em are dumber than the rocks they are scoopin' up.

I don't see the show lasting all season, before it gets canceled.

YAWN........................................

brandon4455

brandon4455

watch, when they get everything working you will all star watching it again. it does get aggrivating watching how retarded they are though.

B

beaverfan

I watched all of about 2.75 episodes. I quickly got bored too, with the redundant (and lame arse) "crisis moments" too. It saddens me to think that they are representin' Oregonians. Most of 'em are dumber than the rocks they are scoopin' up.

I don't see the show lasting all season, before it gets canceled.

YAWN........................................

I see your point but it just so happens to be the highest rated new cable show and the highest rated cable show on Friday night. It's actually incredibly popular.

G

ghostcow

Pretty lame in comparison to Deadliest Catch or Storm Chasers, IMHO, where you can actually feel the danger that exists. On this show, not so much and then the "crisis moments" are a joke and the producer should be fired. I see the same trend creeping into Storm Chasers, where every thing comes down to the last minute, but somehow they find some last minute mustard for their hotdogs, or whatever.
Then again, I only watched 1.5 episodes before moving on, I barely get through all my taped Fishing shows anyway!
Cheers.

F

fishtales

Its an ok show but like most shows on tv these days I'm not interested in watching an hour of it. Don't know why just about every show I start to watch I end up changing it.

I was a bit disapointed when they played it like there was a bear causing problems then turned it into a hunting scene. Then again I'm glad no one was hurt.

C

colbypearson

i have seen every episode LOL still dont know why, but i feel for the mechanic thats insane.... 600 something welds under the shaker in those tight spaces i couldnt imagine, and correct me if im wrong he had to arc weld those??? insane

L

lilsalmon

sheesh...I hate reality shows but I had to see what this show was all about......gotta go its on again!!!!!! hehe

Top Bottom