Who's up for some night fishing?

L
lizardman
I was told that night fishing is allowed on the Columbia for salmon and steelhead, so I looked it up in the Oregon fishing regs and sure enough...

• Angling for salmon (June 16-Dec. 31) and adipose fin-clipped steelhead (Jan. 1-
March 31 and June 16-Dec. 31) is allowed 24 hours/day in open waters from McNary
Dam upstream to the OR/WA border.

Dave

K
Kodiak
Know where they are comming through, fish higher in the water column, and be prepared for a violent reaction. Chinook become serious predators at night and loose some inhibition, and thier anger managment issue will come on par with wife beating trailer trash at last call....Don't ask how I know.

T
Troutier Bassier
Awwwwwwwwww,
Putting some UV Scent stuff on a Plug cut herring will Pown them!

B
beaverfan
What the hell does pown mean?

M
metalmania
:lol:LMFAO I didn't quote anyone's post, as they all made me laugh.

V
VagrantAngler
beaverfan said:

Obviously a reference to Pound and Own :lol:

P
PDXKush
Night Fishing sounds amazing. They sell these LED quickfish looking lures in WA. I may have to pick a couple up. Good Times.

F
FishSchooler
beaverfan said:

It's a term they use in Runescape, basically beating them.
And it's pwn by the way. :lol:

Kush, I think you know what you are talking about. They are plugs with a flashing red light, and several states have banned them.

Can fish see UV reflections when there isn't even any light? No light=no reflection

L
lizardman
The night fishing is only legal in my neck of the woods upstream from the McNary dam on the Columbia..

Looks like you guys will have to come over here for an OFF fishing night:shock::)

Dave

P
PDXKush
Aww I didn't notice that. So where exactly is Mcnary Dam?

NM found it...

292 miles (470 km) upriver from the mouth of the Columbia at Astoria, Oregon.

K
Kodiak
FishSchooler said:
It's a term they use in Runescape, basically beating them.
And it's pwn by the way. :lol:

Kush, I think you know what you are talking about. They are plugs with a flashing red light, and several states have banned them.

Can fish see UV reflections when there isn't even any light? No light=no reflection

No fish can't see UV at night, there is no UV to see. Glow in the dark works well, just don't make them real bright, dim is better.

T
Troutier Bassier
Pown means Killed in one Hit.

H
halibuthitman
we used to use corkies for steelhead we charged with a flashlight.... been awhile though-

M
metalmania
I made a glow rig consisting of a 1/4in. clear tube with a coating of glow paint on the inside, and a bead in each end. Run the line through the tube to your hook with some scented yarn and presto, dead steel:lol:.

F
FishSchooler
Troutier Bassier said:
Pown means Killed in one Hit.

Where'd you learn that? Pwning means to dominate, or own someone.

Back to the real subject... :rolleyes:
Do fish ever sleep while migrating or are some just nocturnal-ish? During the day they are active, and during the night they are active, and if they dont keep on facing the current, fighting it, they'll run out of oxygen, and if they just sleep in a place where there is no current, theyll have no oxygen... I mean, unless they find someway to pin themselves parallel to the current, they can't really sleep.

N
ninja2010
FishSchooler said:
Do fish ever sleep while migrating or are some just nocturnal-ish? During the day they are active, and during the night they are active, and if they dont keep on facing the current, fighting it, they'll run out of oxygen, and if they just sleep in a place where there is no current, theyll have no oxygen... I mean, unless they find someway to pin themselves parallel to the current, they can't really sleep.

just google "do fish sleep" and you'll get your answer...

A
autofisher
I've read in a few articles that the easiest way to keep your glow corkies charged is to take the flash unit from a camera. Supposedly it only takes one flash set to charge the corkies for at least 45 minutes. Never got to try it though.

And pown no matter where you're putting the term to use.... Means to whoop your oposition's tail so bad that they don't want to come back for more.

T
Troutier Bassier
Do we all agree that Pown means Killed/Beat up or any matter of talk like that?

I saw that flash thing that your talking about. They sold it at Joes. it was nice. I like it.

T
Troutier Bassier
Oh and My friend loves Glow in da dark corkies. He uses them early in the morning when the sun hasnt even show itself yet.

F
FishSchooler
Troutier Bassier said:
Do we all agree that Pown means Killed/Beat up or any matter of talk like that?
QUOTE]

It's PWN, not pown! :rolleyes::lol:

Flash thing, what flash thing? He's talking about the flash from a camera, not a special product.

How would you think a chinook or steelhead would react to a high power lazer light (solid beam of light, like a thin stick of light)?