Whos stronger??

N
nwkiller
We took my friends girlfreind and her younger brother on a columbia river sturgeon guide, she had caught a few keepers and a bunch of shakers so she thought she was ready for the oversize big dogs.....you should have heard her the night before....lets just say, she "thought" she was ready.......Im thinking her man might get alittle bit more respect when he says he's tired after a day of fishing...

tournement010.jpg

This fish went 9' 5"...and weighed around 300 lbs

Last edited:
F
fishtales
That looks awesome I need to get out and do that. Is that near the beach?

N
nwkiller
no its acually up near bonniville dam, and multinoma falls

Z
zarboth
wow i thought my first one was hard (it was only 2 inches ) but it fought me lol

N
nwkiller
hey a first is a first!!! a lot of times smaller fish have more heart

Z
zarboth
ya this is how it went the pole zipped i picked it up reeled up for at least 10 minuts then my uncals friend had to help then suddenly we thought it got away because nothing o he reeled in and all of a sudden a small sturgen is hoocked lol

N
nwkiller
lol, nice, ive never caught one under 10 inches

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Way to go,Heather!! I bet she slept like a baby that night. Must have been great fun.

F
Finneus Polebender
Wow what a fish !!!!!!

N
nwkiller
Raincatcher said:
Way to go,Heather!! I bet she slept like a baby that night. Must have been great fun.

slept good that night??...hahaha she didn't even make it out of portland in the car before she napped

M
Moe
Nice job man and woman, those are monsters!

N
nwkiller
thanks moe

T
Thuggin4Life
Nice Fish! Cool of you to take them out.

M
Mike123
That's awesome!! Exciting report for sure!

H
Hawk
That's a Reel Beauty.
Great Job Y'all.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:
:D:D:D
:cool::cool:

G
GDBrown
Man that got my heart pumping and I wasn't even on the boat! What a great video to remember the trip with. That is a fish of a lifetime, and only a dream for most of us.
Congradulations on a great trip. Are you going to do it again?

GD
------------------
I don't think the 4wt is up to that kind of fish!!!!!

N
nwkiller
lol, well you might want to bring your tent along with your fly rod lol ud be there for a bit (not sure if getting one on the fly is possible, if it is i would love to hear) I usually take a trip once a year, and if you can't hear it my heart is racing while filming. its an amazing experience and i would have to say Todd brenton from BRENTONOUTDOORADVENTURES is an amazing guide, and person. So i book the oversize once a year if i can.....give it a shot...best time is late may early june....it will be worth putting the fly rod down just for one day

G
GDBrown
nwkiller said:
lol, well you might want to bring your tent along with your fly rod lol ud be there for a bit (not sure if getting one on the fly is possible, if it is i would love to hear) I usually take a trip once a year, and if you can't hear it my heart is racing while filming. its an amazing experience and i would have to say Todd brenton from BRENTONOUTDOORADVENTURES is an amazing guide, and person. So i book the oversize once a year if i can.....give it a shot...best time is late may early june....it will be worth putting the fly rod down just for one day

I have a friend who no longer guides who has OFFered to help me learn to fish for sturgeon, I've never done it before!

GD

N
nwkiller
i would take the OFFer, atleast once