Who's gonna be the first to float down from Oxbow?

F

FunFishClub

Its still pretty quick out there but I was thinkin it would crazy to be the first boat down. Can you imagine from Dodge though. If anyone is crazy enough to try either float and you need a shipmate let me know

B

beaverfan

I sure hope no one is dumb enough to take you up on your OFFer! I'm sure that there's all kinds of new hazards that could easily cause death! It's almost like floating a whole new river and what's the first thing you do when you want to float a new river? You scout it out!

Irishrover

Irishrover

Most Featured
I was down at Dodge Park and the Garbage hole today. The river is still a wee bit on the big side and it's wearing it's late summer color of ash gray from the melt off on Mt Hood. Down from Dodge park on river left is a huge pile of logs. It's the logs in that river (sweepers) that can be a real problem for folks drifting the river. Ninja and I had some fun with one last year by Angeloes Camp. A good scout before you go as Beaverfan put it is the only way to go. If some one does go soon I'd sure like to hear what they have to say about any stuff to watch out for;)

Last edited:
F

FunFishClub

Yeah I seen that pile too, I've been scouting it all winter from the obvious spots. It's the blind spots that are scary. Who's got a plane? Haha

F

fishingfreak

I'm talking rafting not fishin ******. Did you not get **** this week or something? Thanks for your reply though, I will be sure to let you know how it is ;D

This is a G-rated forum! Language please! There are children on OFF!
Thank You,

FF

J

JeannaJigs

Wow people's intelligence (or lack thereof) never ceases to amaze me. It's this "gotta be the first, forget safety" attitude that keeps search and rescue busy looking for bodies in rivers.

brandon4455

brandon4455

floating a river without scoutign almost cost me and my grandpa our lives. its always smart to scout and find as much information out about the stretch of river you will be on.

F

FunFishClub

I'm a survivalist and an extreme weather athlete so don't insult me with your search and rescue b.s. please. Been there seen that. Live once die once so stay on the shore if you want, you don't need to respond thanks

M

Modest_Man

I'm a survivalist and an extreme weather athlete so don't insult me with your search and rescue b.s. please. Been there seen that. Live once die once so stay on the shore if you want, you don't need to respond thanks

One time I won Olympic gold...in a hurricane.

The statement "Extreme weather athlete" just makes me chuckle. So you don't do athletic activities during nice weather?

I

imfishing

Greetings All...

I have some experience from oxbow down to Lewis and Clark...

I don't think that would be a very bad float under these conditions.

Wear Your PFD's And Leave The Beer Home. Sounds Fun Actually.

Enjoy...

Top Bottom