Who's all headed to the Eag tomorrow?

O
OnTheDrop
might fish the hatchery, Or park..undecided as of now

I
Ideceivefish
You would be better off going to Whole Foods. They sell Steelhead for 17.99lb.

:lol:

After the rain tonight, the fish might move in a little, but there was only 1 fish in the entire river today and I landed it. It was 7" and I hooked it in the tail. :)

O
OnTheDrop
ha ha. Idiecivefish... I think you need some creek lessons!;) My buddy was up there today and said he saw plenty of fish all over...

O
OnTheDrop
not to mention i have plenty of fish in my freezer:D I go for the sport. I could care less if i bring one home.

T
Troutier Bassier
Sunday Im hitting the Hatch,, I have no clue as of tomarrow whats gonna be cracklin. Im not 100% sure the water will be fishable either with the rain were "Supposed" To get....:think:

O
OnTheDrop
water should be fine...

M
meluvtrout
I'll be there... What time are you heading?

O
OnTheDrop
not sure yet.. can't drive right now so its up to my buddy.. When you gettin there?

M
meluvtrout
6:30--7.00ish

O
OnTheDrop
Where abouts you gunna be fishing?

I
Ideceivefish
SteelmonKiller20 said:
ha ha. Idiecivefish... I think you need some creek lessons!;) My buddy was up there today and said he saw plenty of fish all over...

He might have seen fish all over...at the hatchery pen.

I am telling you, there are NO fish in that river right now. There were 15 people there and they all said they didn't see any or even get a strike. I studied every hole for 10 minutes at a time with glasses. Zero fish. There is a reason that the "Steelhead Slayer" didn't show up today. Because he knows there was nothing to catch. Now, tomorrow might be a different story.

I will still take you up on those lessons sometime. :)

I think I am starting to figure out the colors, size, etc, but I still think you all have something up your sleeve you are not sharing. I can guarantee it. :)

I will pay big money for the secret.

A
adambomb
Do you all remember how to play leap frog? Thats what fishing the hatchery holes reminded me of. Your best bet is to invest in a good headlamp, then hike all the way past the log hole in dark and dont stop hiking until its light enough to fish. Fish out the first hole, and keep moving down stream until somebody catches up to you, then play leap frog until you limit out, or give up. Or, you could sleep in, and take your chances at catching the fish that all us rookies spooked or missed altogether.

I
Ideceivefish
That's what I did today. I was on the river bank for over an hour before the sun came up. :)

M
meluvtrout
SteelmonKiller20 said:
Where abouts you gunna be fishing?

I'll start at 1 o'clock rock and work my way down...

C
Cracker
It can be tough fishing up there sometimes. Covering a lot of water trying to find one.

T
Troutier Bassier
Flymaster would have to dis agree.

He hooked 25 yesterday. So I dont know what the hell your talking about...

I
Ideceivefish
Troutier Bassier said:
Flymaster would have to dis agree.

He hooked 25 yesterday. So I dont know what the hell your talking about...

Yesterday. We are talking about today. 1 day makes all the difference up there.

T
Troutier Bassier
Nope, Nobody caught anything today. Dont ever go to the creek. No fish there.

I
Ideceivefish
I am not saying don't ever go there. I am saying there might be better places to go until the river level raises up again.

Today it was so low tadpoles were holding.

O
OnTheDrop
Dudeee! They are all over the creek. Just gotta know how to fish it!!!