Who will be fishing where this weekend?

B
beaverfan
Wadders and waders are two separate things, waders are necessary for wading streams and I'm pretty sure wadders are what's in pandora's box.

And just so I don't hijack this thread completely I'm dying to go fishing and it doesn't look like it's gonna happen this weekend so if you guys don't hear from me for a while you will know what happened.

B
BobbiDollPDX
R&M Boatsaleslady said:
Bobbi don't get sick here is a ol' seamans trick go to the dollar store they have Ginger snaps there take them with you any time your on the ocean, better than any other seasickness trick out there and was proven on mythbusters.... This is something I have known all my life growning up in Ol' poe dunk Waldport Or. and since we know so many commercial fisherman is has always been just something that is always on the boats there....

I don't get sick. I was saying I hope Graphite Zen doesn't get sick.

H
halibuthitman
BobbiDollPDX said:
I don't get sick. I was saying I hope Graphite Zen doesn't get sick.
ginger snaps... hmmm must be an oregon thing, in 24 years of commercial fishing I have only seen 2 things work.. 1. taking pills or applying a patch at least 24 hrs prior to hitting the water, and maning up and not being a pus... anyway, never show pain, the others will see it and attack to hide their green gills...

B
BobbiDollPDX
halibuthitman said:
ginger snaps... hmmm must be an oregon thing

I dunno, I've been fishing off the Oregon Coast for 22 years and have never seen anyone out there eating ginger snaps.

R
R&M Boatsaleslady
BobbiDollPDX said:
I dunno, I've been fishing off the Oregon Coast for 22 years and have never seen anyone out there eating ginger snaps.
Well it is a fact mythbusters took this folk remedy and put it to the test against them patches and pill and ginger never even let the guy in the gyro get sick, but ALL the rest he puked and puked. ") but you don't have to take my advice, though I lived on the beach for 24 years and provided gear for them commercial boats in our family business for years too, before I could even see over the counter! ") LOL and everyone I know which coming from a small town is nearly everyone; knows you take ginger snaps out there if you get sea sick and I am sure you could confirm that buy going to mythbusters or just google. ") If you decide to take my advice and try (which couldnt hurt ya) you will never leave with out them again! ") they even work for those people who are motion sick to in the car... ") LOL Need to start eating about a hour ahead of time then nibble here and there.... ") Good luck

Last edited:
B
BobbiDollPDX
R&M Boatsaleslady said:
Well it is a fact mythbusters took this folk remedy and put it to the test against them patches and pill and ginger never even let the guy in the gyro get sick, but ALL the rest he puked and puked. ") but you don't have to take my advice, though I lived on the beach for 24 years and provided gear for them commercial boats in our family business for years too, before I could even see over the counter! ") LOL and everyone I know which coming from a small town is nearly everyone; knows you take ginger snaps out there if you get sea sick and I am sure you could confirm that buy going to mythbusters or just google. ") If you decide to take my advice and try (which couldnt hurt ya) you will never leave with out them again! ") they even work for those people who are motion sick to in the car... ") LOL Need to start eating about a hour ahead of time then nibble here and there.... ") Good luck

Nausea
Ginger has been found effective in multiple studies for treating nausea caused by seasickness, morning sickness and chemotherapy,[21] though ginger was not found superior over a placebo for pre-emptively treating post-operative nausea. Ginger is a safe remedy for nausea relief during pregnancy.[5] Ginger as a remedy for motion sickness is still a debated issue. The television program Mythbusters performed an experiment using one of their staff who suffered from severe motion sickness. The staff member was placed in a moving device which, without treatment, produced severe nausea. Multiple treatments were administered. None, with the exception of the ginger and the two most common drugs, were successful. The staff member preferred the ginger due to lack of side effects. Several studies over the last 20 years were inconclusive with some studies in favor of the herb and some not.[22][23] A common thread in these studies is the lack of sufficient participants to yield statistical significance. Another issue is the lack of a known chemical pathway for the supposed relief.

G
GDBrown
Take a couple of packs of ginger snaps anyway and make Zen eat them all! Just to see if it works......

The worse thing I have found is to eat eggs and pancakes with lots of syrup for breakfast!

troutdude
troutdude
GDBrown said:
The worse thing I have found is to eat eggs and pancakes with lots of syrup for breakfast!

For some strange reason...I have my doubts that those items tasted very good the second time around.

J
JeannaJigs
Sigh. Looks like I'm going with friends and the family unit to trailbridge for some camping since I gotta be at work at pre zero dark thirty Monday. Gonna take my my fly rods and launch an assault on some bulls.

B
BobbiDollPDX
GDBrown said:
Take a couple of packs of ginger snaps anyway and make Zen eat them all! Just to see if it works......

lol, I should, after making him eat eggs and pancakes with lots of syrup for breakfast.

S
Spydeyrch
JeannaJigs said:
Sigh. Looks like I'm going with friends and the family unit to trailbridge for some camping since I gotta be at work at pre zero dark thirty Monday. Gonna take my my fly rods and launch an assault on some bulls.

Good luck with those bulls!!!

-Spydey

S
Subacca
Heading out on the Willamette Saturday. Recieved my transducer for my Ocean Kayak through the Humminbird transducer exchange program and finally have a fish finder hooked up to try out!. Going out to Lincoln City Sunday/Monday (with my yak and fishing gear of course). Not sure where I will fish yet though, one of the bays maybe? Devil's Lake if all else fails. Just depends on how the water/weather looks.

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
BobbiDollPDX said:
...though ginger was not found superior over a placebo for pre-emptively treating post-operative nausea.

*Ding*

GENERIC NAME: scopolamine

BRAND NAME: Transderm-Scop

DRUG CLASS AND MECHANISM: Scopolamine is an oral, intravenous, ophthalmic or topical drug with many uses including the prevention of motion sickness. Transderm-Scop is scopolamine administered topically (through the skin or transdermal) via a special delivery system that gradually releases scopolamine onto the skin over a period of three days. The scopolamine is absorbed into the body through the skin. It is not clear how scopolamine prevents nausea and vomiting due to motion sickness. The vestibular part of the ear is very important for balance. When a person becomes disoriented due to motion, the vestibule sends a signal through nerves to the vomiting center in the brain, and vomiting occurs. Acetylcholine is a chemical that nerves use to transmit messages to each other. Scientists believe that scopolamine prevents communication between the nerves of the vestibule and the vomiting center in the brain by blocking the action of acetylcholine. Scopolamine also may work directly on the vomiting center. Scopolamine must be taken before the onset of motion sickness to be effective.

R
R&M Boatsaleslady
")

")

BobbiDollPDX said:
lol, I should, after making him eat eggs and pancakes with lots of syrup for breakfast.
Oh your rotten!!! LOL I love it!!! ") You two have fun I will be somewhere with the dogs not sure where yet but I will know when I get there....

The Boatlady!

R
R&M Boatsaleslady
If you go down there you can call Uncle Randy at Harry's he will help you decide 541-265-2407. Also if you go to depoe bay that is a old pirates cove, then you have Salmon river with is good fish'en oh and the Siletz is the spot if you can figure out how to get to bulls bag not many know of this place but wow fish are swarming there when in....

J
JeannaJigs
Wonder what the street value is in scopolamine patches? I have three of them, I'll make a deal!! Haha.

C
capblack
BobbiDollPDX said:
Nausea
Ginger has been found effective in multiple studies for treating nausea caused by seasickness, morning sickness and chemotherapy,[21] though ginger was not found superior over a placebo for pre-emptively treating post-operative nausea. Ginger is a safe remedy for nausea relief during pregnancy.[5] Ginger as a remedy for motion sickness is still a debated issue. The television program Mythbusters performed an experiment using one of their staff who suffered from severe motion sickness. The staff member was placed in a moving device which, without treatment, produced severe nausea. Multiple treatments were administered. None, with the exception of the ginger and the two most common drugs, were successful. The staff member preferred the ginger due to lack of side effects. Several studies over the last 20 years were inconclusive with some studies in favor of the herb and some not.[22][23] A common thread in these studies is the lack of sufficient participants to yield statistical significance. Another issue is the lack of a known chemical pathway for the supposed relief.

i always take dramamine 24 hrs in advance as the hitman suggested, and i also take a 6 pack of ginger ale to drink on the boat, not sure where i learned it, but there must be some truth to the ginger thing

C
capblack
halibuthitman said:
and some antacid I hope!

no way, it wont be any different than camping all weekend, except i get to spend the night in my own bed, and ill be burning way more gas ... in our truck that is :lol:

E
eggs
hopefully fishing at some point.. not looking good at this point..

R
R&M Boatsaleslady
capblack said:
i always take dramamine 24 hrs in advance as the hitman suggested, and i also take a 6 pack of ginger ale to drink on the boat, not sure where i learned it, but there must be some truth to the ginger thing
Yupper I am the Boatlady prior the Trucklady. Known as the witchdoctor/med woman by friends {Some will call me one or the other depending on how much of a jack that friend is LOL (not by me)} and of course the Massage Therapist Queen ") LOL I just think of my self as a Jackette of all trades, but yeah tested the stuff my self. Livers kidneys = I use milkthistle, nettles and dandilion root (yeah I dig it up) mostly and Blood= (let's see if I can spell this one ah folks! ) Sarsaparillia. Pain = Valarian root, skull cap (nasty crap right there so big flavors need added) and Mullon this makes a mild relaxant and pain reliever. Ginger in known as a cure all in med world great antiseptic, motion sickness and soo much more.... But that's enough of all that ah LOL