Who wants to brave the cold?

M
mrlindeman
:D Im going to wirth at 3 to do some fly fishing. Look for the frozen guy with a fly rod and a beany on lol. A report will follow.

Look below for report ! :)

Last edited:
brandon4455
brandon4455
mrlindeman said:
:D Im going to wirth at 3 to do some fly fishing. Look for the frozen guy with a fly rod and a beany on lol. A report will follow.

good luck. i'd like to meet ya but no form of transportation :/ hope you do well lookin forward to the report.

brandon

M
mrlindeman
Whoo HOOOO!!! Ok so I have been fly fihing for a year now. I have yet to catch a single fish. I braved the cold. It was about 26 degrees out. My rod guides were freezing closed every 5 minutes lol. The pond is flooded too. Today I am very happy to say I caught my first trout on a fly rod!!! It felt so good. There is nothing like it. The first 2 were caught on an olive wooley bugger with shiny tinsil. The 3rd trout was caught on an ears hair nymph :) ... Heres the kicker. I used no strike indicator at all. :) So Without Furtherordo I present the trout. The biggest was 12 inches, the others between 10.5 and 11 inches.
First Catch...
firsttroutonfly.png

First with second...
2troutonfly.png

All 3 before I decided to go home...
3troutonfly.png

brandon4455
brandon4455
Beautiful fish! congrats on the first fly fish. they are very nice. take care,

brandon

F
Finneus Polebender
Thats my problem should have went after trout Instead I did a little sno bassin . No takers but kinda cool being out on the glass with sno falling! Think i marked more fish than I ever have at my pond in one trip the cold has got them like hiber lethargic .

M
mrlindeman
Im going to post the pics in the fly fishing section. I know its a double post but it qualifies as a multi thread topic :)

F
Finneus Polebender
Oh and cool deal on the first fly pole catch too.

M
mrlindeman
Thank you Finneus :)

troutdude
troutdude
Congrats Mr. L. It's a blast to get your first ones on a fly! Welcome to the club!!!

R
rainbowfisherman
Nice job!