Who started the year OFF right?

G
GDBrown
I went to the NF Nehalem New Years Day in the afternoon and landed a beautiful Chrome Native.:D I was so excited that I almost slit it's gills when I thought I better check for the magic fin. I had the knife in hand and the gill plate lifted, I was that close!:rolleyes: I cut the leader at the hook and gently helped her resume her journey. I really need to replace my camera!

That one fish was worth the price of admission this year!:lol:

GD

A
Anyfishisfine
Nice. All indications are this is going to be a stellar year for you.

O
OnTheDrop
I know i started the year off right.hooked 13 steels since yesterday! Im loving what 2011 has in store already : )

P
plumb2fish
Went 2-4 on a south coast stream...both natives. At least one of the fish I lost at the bank was a hatch buck ...oh well better luck next time.

T
Troutier Bassier
As soon as I get enough money to buy a lisence, I'll be on my way.

D
Drew9870
Landed a 7lb Trout on the 5wt today with 4lb Flouroclear as tippet, it was a broodstock Trout, so it halfway counts. Good way to start the year, especially being on the fly rod.

troutdude
troutdude
I'll bet that was fun on your 5 wt!

M
Mad dog
Went on a short duck hunt new years eve before I had to head to Eugene to visit the folks. Yesterday we had company over for dinner and drinks so I didn't get to fish, Way too hung over to even consider fishing today! I didn't start the year OFF right! Gonna get the boat ready tommorrow and do a float tuesday.

T
Thuggin4Life
Nice!

S
skunk
SteelmonKiller20 said:
I know i started the year off right.hooked 13 steels since yesterday! Im loving what 2011 has in store already : )

Wow, thats a beautiful start. Keep that up and you'll make us all look like beginners.

G
GDBrown
SteelmonKiller20 said:

Did you get any of them to the bank?

C
CyberVic
I tried to start the year off right, got skunked. No hits for me or the mrs.

Tried my luck around dodge park on the Sandy.

Diehard
Diehard
1 chrome hatchery hen yesterday mornin handed the rod off to my uncle he had no ink on last yrs tag so i shared and then he shared because i got all the eggs. fishin the n. fork nehalem we left around 9 am what a zoo went to the necannicum low and clear no fish

O
OnTheDrop
GDBrown said:
Did you get any of them to the bank?

Yes, i got my limit both days. I was pick and choosing to get some hens. I have so much eggs. and some beautiful fillets !

B
Born2Fish55
I fished the Netul River on Sunday, Jan. 2nd ... picked up nine fish and got three to the bank... lots of snags and brush....
All of the fish were mint bright, two hens and a buck, all small side of 9 pounds and really early for the river....
Run normally happens in late January and February, however there are always a few in during late December. Everything was on small jigs under a float.

troutdude
troutdude
Born2Fish55 said:
I fished the Netul River on Sunday, Jan. 2nd ... picked up nine fish and got three to the bank... lots of snags and brush....
All of the fish were mint bright, two hens and a buck, all small side of 9 pounds and really early for the river....
Run normally happens in late January and February, however there are always a few in during late December. Everything was on small jigs under a float.

Netul River? Where's that?

G
GDBrown
Oh No!

Oh No!

Anyfishisfine said:
Nice. All indications are this is going to be a stellar year for you.

Is that an invasive species? Like the other pinnipeds up by the dams and the falls?

P
plumb2fish
B
Born2Fish55
troutdude said:
Netul River? Where's that?

It's the Indian name for the Lewis and Clark... using some of the 'real' names gets people to look around a little bit. ;)

Top Bottom