Who has plans for Saturday, opening day for trout!

S
Spydeyrch
Saturday couldn't come too soon!!! Living up here in the PDX area, all of the nearby streams, rivers, and creeks are currently closed for trout season ...... at least until this Saturday!!

This Saturday, the 28th, is opening day for trout season. And it couldn't come on a better weekend, 3 day weekend!!!

I am so excited to go hit some local waters, besides the lakes. I can't wait!!

Who else has been anxiously awaiting this weekend? I know I can't be the only one, am I?

Tight lines to everyone!

-Spydey

Reactions: jd15
J
jd15
oh hell yeah, im going up the big elk for some monster rainbows and cuthrotes, and up to feagles creek for some monster brookies

S
Spydeyrch
jd15 said:
oh hell yeah, im going up the big elk for some monster rainbows and cuthrotes, and up to feagles creek for some monster brookies

Eagles Creek as in the one that drains into the Clackamas River or the other one that comes down into the columbia, off of highway 84? Where is Big Elk located?

I am soooooo STOKED for this weekend. I already told my wife that I will be gone for may hours on saturday and monday.

I am heding over to my fly shop here in a few hours to get more flys and some other gear.

-Spydey

J
jd15
the big elk river is in harlan over by alsea

C
ChezJfrey
Oh yeah, I'm gonna go fishing for trout on Saturday and end up catching my first steelhead instead...seems logical given how many trout I've caught while attempting steelhead ;)

S
Spydeyrch
ChezJfrey said:
Oh yeah, I'm gonna go fishing for trout on Saturday and end up catching my first steelhead instead...seems logical given how many trout I've caught while attempting steelhead ;)

Sweet!! that would be awesome!

-Spydey

G
Growbug
Gonna break my recovery and get out to the Molalla to try and entice some twout on da fly.......

brandon4455
brandon4455
ill be working for a couple hours that day :lol: and if we can't fish that day but i get off at a decent hour im gunna go fish the creek with my fly rod

S
skunk
going to hit my special place with my oldest. get us the trout bug worked out of our systems.

J
JKham
I'm itching to go fishing too! Give me some suggestion on where to go? I'm tired of the little ponds and lakes around the Beaverton area. I want to get the bigger trouts and try the rivers/streams...

S
Spydeyrch
JKham said:
I'm itching to go fishing too! Give me some suggestion on where to go? I'm tired of the little ponds and lakes around the Beaverton area. I want to get the bigger trouts and try the rivers/streams...

Well, how far are you wanting to or willing to go? There are some nice little creeks and streams around here in the beaverton area and in the costal range that you might like. But you mentioned that you wanted to get the big trout. I don't think that the creeks and streams that I am thinking about have large trout.

Shoot me a PM and I can give you some ideas of where to go. Also, are you fly fishing or spinners or what?

-Spydey

W
waco
Or powerbait???? :lol: :lol: :lol:

J
JKham
waco said:
Or powerbait???? :lol: :lol: :lol:
LOL I'll try anything even spear fishing!

C
chris61182
Spydeyrch said:
Who else has been anxiously awaiting this weekend? I know I can't be the only one, am I

Oh I've been dying for this weekend as well! I'm not real thrilled about this rain, but I'll have to manage regardless.

Though I still don't know where I'm heading yet, just hopefully the fish are biting, and we all have some good fishing reports to share after the long weekend.

S
Spydeyrch
chris61182 said:
Oh I've been dying for this weekend as well! I'm not real thrilled about this rain, but I'll have to manage regardless.

Though I still don't know where I'm heading yet, just hopefully the fish are biting, and we all have some good fishing reports to share after the long weekend.

Yeah, hopefully this weekend will produce some really nice fish for some really nice reports. Where have you thought about going? I am always looking for suggestions. :D

The rain only adds to the adventure and the obstucles to overcome to get that perfect trout! :)

Tight lines!

-Spydey

C
chris61182
Spydeyrch said:
Yeah, hopefully this weekend will produce some really nice fish for some really nice reports. Where have you thought about going? I am always looking for suggestions. :D

The rain only adds to the adventure and the obstucles to overcome to get that perfect trout! :)

Tight lines!

-Spydey

It's almost certainly going to be something in the coast range, but I'm torn on whether I hit up the spots I 'know' are good on the Wilson or whether I want to be daring and try something new elsewhere.

I'll probably save Rock creek for a drier/sunnier weekend.

C
chris61182
After pouring over maps and books this evening I'm even more giddy now than before. I can probably eat up another evening readying my tackle, but that still leaves another evening I'm going to need to occupy myself!

S
strawberry shortcake
I am planning on at least walking as close as I can get to a likely very raging river. Whether or not I can fish it is another story all together. I'll take my camera just in case the only thing I can catch is a photo.

S
Spydeyrch
chris61182 said:
After pouring over maps and books this evening I'm even more giddy now than before. I can probably eat up another evening readying my tackle, but that still leaves another evening I'm going to need to occupy myself!

Hahahaha, that is hilarious!!! Trying to find ways to occupy yourself with fishing stuff until Saturday. I know what you mean!!!

To occupy myself, I have been going over maps, reading reviews, going over maps again, getting gear ready. I have even tied a few flies to get ready for this weekend. It is going to be awesome!!!!

I just wish that Friday could get here sooner. Because once Friday is here, I know that when I lay down to sleep that night..... the next morning will bring such sweet words with it: FISH ON!!!!!!

To occupy my time, I have also been trying to find excuses to by a new fly rod and some gear for it. I have to find excuses not for myself, no no no, why would I need an excuse to get a new rod? If I want it then I want it, right. No, the excuse is for my wife. I have to find a way to explain to her that I "neeeeeeed" this new rod because ........... and so far that is where my excuse needs some work, hahahahahahahahaha.

Good luck out there on the water.

-Spydey

S
Spydeyrch
strawberry shortcake said:
I am planning on at least walking as close as I can get to a likely very raging river. Whether or not I can fish it is another story all together. I'll take my camera just in case the only thing I can catch is a photo.

Hey, if you take some pictures, make sure to upload some of them for us to admire. I always enjoy looking at picture of nature and the subtle things caught in a photograph. :D

-Spydey