White boat no more..

S
Santiam338
Been absent from The South for the last 6 weeks or so..Been putting a face lift on my boat...New rails and paint and more work than I thought...Almost ready to go though...

Not sure if I am going though...With the water this low I might scratch the paint.:shock:

If you see me wave..;)

Before,

IMG_0725.jpg

IMG_0825.jpg

After,

IMG_1860.jpg

IMG_1858.jpg

B
bigfootfish
real pretty blue...

real pretty blue...

That's a pretty boat!

BFF

T
Thuggin4Life
Thats pretty slick! i wouldn't ever take it out lol. once you scratch it a few times it won't hurt so much when you do.

C
Combat Chuck
Gotta wait till the winter flows to take it out! lol Very original DEEP blue. Thats cool.

S
Santiam338
Combat Chuck said:
Gotta wait till the winter flows to take it out! lol Very original DEEP blue. Thats cool.

Th wife picked it out..I wasn't sure at first,but its growing on me...LOL

J
JeannaJigs
Ohhh damn that's nice! Mines still white lol. Until next summer.

R
rippin fish lips
nice boat! that is my favorite kind of blue! I also like the wood trim finish, looks very clean!! i also like the black stripes on it! VERY WELL DONE!

W
waco
you did a incredible job man. congrats!!!

C
capblack
nice job. boat looks great, i like the racing stripe too, that should help you down the river faster. Brian

L
lilsalmon
Very nice!!!!!

S
Santiam338
JeannaJigs said:
Ohhh damn that's nice! Mines still white lol. Until next summer.

Well, get a hold of me bfore you start..I learned lots and would do things differntly next time..After breaking 3 rails I know how to
build them so they won't break now...LOL

B
bigsteel
that is an excellent looking drift boat,,,,nice work:clap::clap::clap:

J
JeannaJigs
Fortunately, I just recently restored and treated my rails so they're good for a while now, but wow it was a pain in the arse lol. Is your boat glass?

S
Santiam338
Glass boat..Replacing the rails is not that bad(now that I have done it once LOL).. It was all the scraping the old paint off that was a pain.After that I went to Industrial Finishes on West First and talked to them about paint..Those boys were very helpful and matched me up with the right paint for the job..

I used a top end automotive paint...Kinda expensive but worth it I think..

Good luck with yours...

J
JeannaJigs
How much did you spend on paint, if you don't mind me asking?

S
Santiam338
2 quarts of paint,hardener and thinner was $122.00...They did have cheaper alternatives,but after all that work I went with the good stuff..

Stop in and talk with them...They are knowledgable and helpful...I chatted with them a couple times before I made up my mind..

J
JeannaJigs
That's not bad at all, it's better than using the cheap stuff, and it turning out not awesome, and then not lasting. Too much work to skimp on it lol. Where are they located? I live in Eugene, but prefer fishin' more northerly, too damn crowded on the Mac and I don't like the Willamette lol.

S
Santiam338
They are in Eugene on West First...Between Seneca and Bertelson..

J
JeannaJigs
Ohhhhhh, I know where that's at :) Great info, I will check them out. I might paint it this winter, but probably not gonna happen until next spring since I don't have a heated garage to do it in, and, winter is my favorite fishin'...so it'll be in heavy use, and i'm not gonna want it out of comission. No time to do it this summer 'cause I'm just too busy. SOMEDAY. I'll pick your brain before I do it

B
bigfootfish
Jeannajigs!!!

Jeannajigs!!!

Hey JeannaJigs!
Is your PM non-op?

BFF

Last edited: