• The 3rd one

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • The 4th one

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
T
Thuggin4Life
A friend of mine is buying a boat and has been looking at thes 4 on craigslist. Which one would you get if it was you doing the buying?

1.12" SeaKing aluminum boat with trailer and motor - $550 (Springfield, Oregon) This boat has oars, life jackets, and a small electric motor ready for your use!! It is in good overall condition. The trailer is newly rewired and I will help you get it hooked up correctly to your vehicle. License has just been purchased for the next two years.

2.12 Foot Aluminum Boat and Accessories - $550 (Eugene) 12 Foot Aluminum Boat for Sale
Title in Hand
Boat is in good condition and comes with a trailer, LED lights hook up
Also included is a lightly used Minn Kota trolling motor, new deep cycle marine battery, and trickle charger to charge the battery

Just haven't used it enough and don't have the space to store it right now, but its been a great boat and fun when I've had the time.

3.12 ft boat ready to go - $475 (town of monroe) comes with everything you need 5hp seaking motor, oars, seats, lifejackets, registered to 2010 trailer is excellent lights work and has good tires

4. Columbia fiberglass boat & trailer - $400 (Springfield) We have a 12ft fiberglass boat for sale or trade. Title in hand.

Last edited:
H
halibuthitman
I think your post is missing something??

T
Thuggin4Life
I know I have never made a poll so i was trying to figure it out but its all there now.

B
bd2cool
#3 if the 5 hp is a good runner

X
xltom
Hey All,
Thanks for posting this poll Thuggin. I'll be buying one of these boats this weekend I think.

I'm looking for a small boat to pull with my sable wagon(97). Max towing capacity is 200/1250(tongue/gross). I'll be spendiing about 5 beans.

Update: The monroe boat seller agreed to let me look at it tomorrow. He said there is a dent in the bow(right side I believe).

So far my vote is for the green one. No gas motor but the trailer looks really lightweight. Please chime in with your opinions...

kirkster
kirkster
I agree on the green one as well. I like the style of the forth one but if your trying to stay as light as you can. Definatly go aluminum

B
bd2cool
It is the season to make sweet deals on boats.I would have the full amount on hand but would start my offer below price.
But then again I am unemployed and cheap!:lol:

F
fishnquest
Some thoughts

Some thoughts

The little 5hp kicker may or may not be any good. Try it before you buy it. For any of them: check the wheels/bearings; are they greased, do they roll ok (no wobble). Is there any leaks? How does the hull look (dragged on bottom?, esp fiberglass). Plug in the trailer, make sure the lights work. Pick your favorite after inspections. Try before you buy if at all possible. Tie the boat to the trailer real good. Those little light boats bounce like crazy going down the road, I gave up putting almost anything inside mine while trailering.
I like #3 too, maybe because it has a seat; the benches are hard on the arse after a few hours. Good luck and enjoy. I have a lot of fun in mine, but it feels like it shrunk a whole lot after a year (I just want a bigger boat).

H
halibuthitman
I would go with the sea king.... had one years ago and they are pretty tough, I also like how the fella offers to help rig your vehical... shows some personality and care which hopefully he puts into everything he owns,.. like the boat

X
xltom
The boat in monroe(#3) is in pretty rough shape. I had the guy send a few pics of the dented hull.....

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

GetAttachment.jpg

I'm going to try and look at #2 today....

X
xltom
TT, No worries on hijacking. I was actually hoping that someone would come forward with a good deal here....And a fixer upper would work...I need a trailer though.......isn't that a trailer in the pic?

T
Thuggin4Life
You can take my vote of of #3 and put it towards #2. I would look at both 1 and 2 before making a decision.

D
drownworms
i like the sea king looks like a deeper boat

W
wormosa
Thuggin4Life said:
A friend of mine is buying a boat and has been looking at thes 4 on craigslist. Which one would you get if it was you doing the buying?

1.12" SeaKing aluminum boat with trailer and motor - $550 (Springfield, Oregon) This boat has oars, life jackets, and a small electric motor ready for your use!! It is in good overall condition. The trailer is newly rewired and I will help you get it hooked up correctly to your vehicle. License has just been purchased for the next two years.

2.12 Foot Aluminum Boat and Accessories - $550 (Eugene) 12 Foot Aluminum Boat for Sale
Title in Hand
Boat is in good condition and comes with a trailer, LED lights hook up
Also included is a lightly used Minn Kota trolling motor, new deep cycle marine battery, and trickle charger to charge the battery

Just haven't used it enough and don't have the space to store it right now, but its been a great boat and fun when I've had the time.

3.12 ft boat ready to go - $475 (town of monroe) comes with everything you need 5hp seaking motor, oars, seats, lifejackets, registered to 2010 trailer is excellent lights work and has good tires

4. Columbia fiberglass boat & trailer - $400 (Springfield) We have a 12ft fiberglass boat for sale or trade. Title in hand.
3rd one, who wants to row row row, just get a boat and at somepoint you can upgrade motor, just my 2 cents

T
Thuggin4Life
wormosa said:
3rd one, who wants to row row row, just get a boat and at somepoint you can upgrade motor, just my 2 cents

Even after seeing all the damage? and 1 and 2 come with battery trolling motors so theres a start just no moving around strictly fishing.

X
xltom
Update:

I was able to check out the fiberglass(4) and that one was too heavy. I already ruled out #3 because of the crushed keel. The green boat's seller is in Vegas, and I am too impatient sooooo.....

I bought the SeaKing!!! Got it fo' $500...The boat has no dents, the whole rig is easy to move around by hand, even in the grass..I planned on parking the hull and trailer in the driveway beside my car but now I'm worried a sprackhead might run awaywith it!

Thanks to everyone who voted, even if you voted for the dented one after I posted pics.(kidding) I'll either be at Leahburg or CG lake in the A.M. I can't decide.....Thuggin says he will teach me how to troll for trout next saturday......Stoked!!

X
xltom
Hey, If anyone has any seats or rod holders they don't need, please let me know..$$$???

T
Thuggin4Life
Baller that one looked a bit deeper than the green and maybe has a ribbed bottom. Man I'm so impatient that i woulda done the same and i did. seen better deals the next week after bought mine. I HATE WAITING. if you want to take her out for a spin with my motor i don't have a job so let me know. Mann need to stop drinking and start sleeping. getting up at 4 to go fishing.

W
wormosa
xltom said:
Update:

I was able to check out the fiberglass(4) and that one was too heavy. I already ruled out #3 because of the crushed keel. The green boat's seller is in Vegas, and I am too impatient sooooo.....

I bought the SeaKing!!! Got it fo' $500...The boat has no dents, the whole rig is easy to move around by hand, even in the grass..I planned on parking the hull and trailer in the driveway beside my car but now I'm worried a sprackhead might run awaywith it!

Thanks to everyone who voted, even if you voted for the dented one after I posted pics.(kidding) I'll either be at Leahburg or CG lake in the A.M. I can't decide.....Thuggin says he will teach me how to troll for trout next saturday......Stoked!!
if you will troll for trout , forget all that trolling unit crap, just troll with a rapala black and silver no weight, you will catch the hell out of trout...born in springtucky as well lol

E
ecarpet1
I'm all about gas motors. That puts me on number 3.

Good Luck which one did you buy?