wheres the best laces to fish for...

B
bigair42385
bass near portland? this year is the first year ive done serious fishing mainly for bass, catfish and sturgeon. i dont really know too many spots so if u could help me out i'd really appreciate it. if u have an address if possible thatd be great so i could just lug it in my gps. thanks

F
flippinbaits
willy river, colombia, hagg

T
Troutier Bassier
Blue Lake, Its On 223d and go down Blue Lake Road and fish with a Small Plastic worm arond lilly pads for Largemouth.

S
ShdwmnkyX
Trout Bassier, are there any specific colors you would recommend?

T
Troutier Bassier
Use Stuff that looks like the Real Thing, so There you should use Topwater Frogs, and Small Nymph looking Creatures on the bottom,

But whatever you use, Reel fast so the bass can't get a good look at it or they will see the hooks.

B
beaverfan
I would say I have to disagree with the last part of your statement. If you are reeling a topwater frog fast you probably won't catch much. You typically fish those slower with slight jerks and try to keep them on top of the lillies or weeds.

F
flippinbaits
Troutier Bassier said:
Use Stuff that looks like the Real Thing, so There you should use Topwater Frogs, and Small Nymph looking Creatures on the bottom,

But whatever you use, Reel fast so the bass can't get a good look at it or they will see the hooks.

yea i would not reel fast. with topwater frogs you want to "walk the dog"..splashing it from side to side. plus you dont reel fast on "whatever you use". Im not gonna crank my jig as fast as i can in most cases or burn in my drop shot. with natural colors and flurocarbon or light mono, there isn't the big worry of the fish being line shy.

good luck

personally i would try a 5 inch senko and a 3.5 inch roboworm in green and brown. good luck!

Last edited:
T
Troutier Bassier
KK Thanks all of you,
My Trip to blue lake has been Delayed (Parents).
But when I do go, Ill Buy some Senkos in Green or Brown.

S
s_ribs
Thanks for the tip on the lake. I had never heard of it but looks like a nice spot to try out!

FYI - They have rowboat and canoe rentals there. $8/hr for 2 people or $50/day. Confusing, but it looks like you can't use personal boats until AFTER Oct. I got an answering machine when I called so I couldn't get clarification on that.