Where where where?

F
FishSchooler
Headin out in a week or two... Hope the steelies will be running strong. I am already tying leaders... :rolleyes: and I cleaned/respooled my reel with 12lb maxima ug (I finally took AA's advice ;)). I cured some more shrimperdoodles, and have eggs... Got spinners, gonna get nightcrawlers and pink plastic worms for a try. All I need is a good place where I can hook something. I dun have waders though. Havent caught a fish since.... november....:rolleyes: besides this tiny 2.5 inch silver fish thing I caught with my hand in a tide pool in hawaii and released it back into the real ocean with its buddies. I need a steelhead!

S
steelheadstalker31
After this rain, all of the coastal rivers should have good numbers of winter steelhead in them. Are you near the wilson or trask? If so I've heard they are a good choice.

F
FishSchooler
steelheadstalker31 said:
After this rain, all of the coastal rivers should have good numbers of winter steelhead in them. Are you near the wilson or trask? If so I've heard they are a good choice.

Im a good 1.5+ hours from them... so I wont be going there... my to-go rivers if they are good are the clack, maybe sandy and willamette

N
nointrntrprts
clack it

clack it

if those were my options, it'd b the clack

T
TroutSlayer
Don't forget about the alsea Great stream for steelies, and well worth the drive. I seen the rivers are up a little bit, but i don't think it's enuf to get them running yet.. still waiting for them to run my way

K
Kodiak
I'd try...

I'd try...

Schooler I'd try fishin' in the water. I've occasionally found them hitchin' for a ride around a couple of nasty runs but those fish don't bite real well, and it's tough to get a good drift on the asphault. I've tried in the trees a time or two this year but it's pretty snaggy, and when you do hookup it's tough to get them outta there.

F
FishSchooler
I am very limited though to the water i can fish... no waders and parents that dont really enjoy hiking to fish...

so kodiak, I might get out next next sunday, so the 8th I think. I'll try to ask if we can intentionally meet.

A
ArcticAmoeba
Hey man, the UltraGreen is just about everyones favorite when you just want to keep it deadly simple. I would hit the Clack as well, if you can swing Eagle Creek, and not get wet, you will have better luck up there. Mill City, Kodiaks location is a good hike East of Salem, pretty long stretch for parents to cover if they are not as enthused as you are.

B
BobberDown
i love the clack dont head to it with out some jigs thought if you dont have waders a lot of peoplelike dog creek you dont need waders and it is the creek at the muth of hehackery they do cech the heck out of the steelhead there mostly on jigs but there is a nice drift right up the river a cuple yards good luck and fish hard if you have any jig qeshoins pm me and i can point you the right way colors and so on thanks Dan

F
FishSchooler
ArcticAmoeba said:
Hey man, the UltraGreen is just about everyones favorite when you just want to keep it deadly simple. I would hit the Clack as well, if you can swing Eagle Creek, and not get wet, you will have better luck up there. Mill City, Kodiaks location is a good hike East of Salem, pretty long stretch for parents to cover if they are not as enthused as you are.

Ahh, finally, the person I was waiting for... :rolleyes:;)

Yeah, I really want to head to the creek, but I do not know any of it, or conditions because I havent been there...
If I was to go to the creek, I need to know what the area is like. Are there trails everywhere like cedar creek or is it all chompin through the bushes? I guess I'll have to go on a search and slay kind kind of pattern. And hope I dont get wet...