Where to hook up for bass?

S
Sketchmann
Live in Gresham, went to Salish ponds. Bass seem to be in small amounts. And picky bitters. Where is a better spur that is near gresham?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

B
Berg03
Columbia has some really good bass. Any calm water will do

F
FishOn420
Sketchmann said:
Live in Gresham, went to Salish ponds. Bass seem to be in small amounts. And picky bitters. Where is a better spur that is near gresham?

I have been bass fishing at the water front and it has been killer. I talking about hooking up on almost every cast! Try out the water front marina where the public dock is. Go to the bottom of the ramp and throw very close to the rocks. I use live worms with a sliding 1/4 ounce of weight. FYI do not keep the fish you catch!!! They are gross.

S
Sketchmann
Not sure where water front is. I am new to Oregon. I love in gresham. Is it next to gresham?

F
FishOn420
Awe is see. So its downtown Portland which is a little bit from Gresham. If you look up Three Degrees River Place Hotel 1510 SW Harbor Way Portland OR 97201 on google maps the public dock is literally right next to it. It will show up brown on your map. Just so you know the Willamette River is very nasty water. I would not recommend swimming in it or keeping any of the fish that you get out of it. That dock is also pretty good for sturgeon in different parts of the year. I have probably caught about 5 or so different species of fish from that dock. [h=1]

[/h][h=2][/h]RiverPlace Hotel
1510 SW Harbor Way
Portland, OR 97201

S
Sketchmann
Is there a certain worm and size that I should throw? How about time of day? I really appreciate that u are helping me with this.

S
Sketchmann
Also is parking a pain? Cost money to park?

F
FishOn420
Sketchmann said:
Also is parking a pain? Cost money to park?

If you go before 7pm it will cost money to park and sometimes parking can be a pain to find. If you were to go a few hours before sunset that seems to be a pretty good time of day. I would say around 7pm would be good. You could pretty much fish just about any time of the day. In the morning around 7am would also probably work out pretty good too. I use live night crawlers and most of them time I just split them in two and use half. Maybe and inch or so. If you go in the morning sometime PM me and I could probably meet you down there and fish for a while. I will probably try there in the morning sometime later this week and I can give you a report on how it goes. Right now they are getting ready for the Blues Festival and its right next to that fishing spot so its going to be a bit packed. Once the festivals are over it will clear out again and won't be so busy. Feel free to PM me any time.

S
Sketchmann
Sounds like I should hit that up sometime soon let me know when you go. We can meet up there. Thanks for the info looking Forward to go. And plus meeting up is a bonus too.

M
mcfishin
I'd be up for a OFF fishing meetup, too! any size to those bass? I ask not because I care so much as I want to know which gear to use. If they're 8 inchers, then my ultralight gear will be fun, but if there are 5 lb-ers around, I might want to bump up a class.

S
Sketchmann
Me too.

F
FishOn420
Sketchmann said:
Me too.

There can be some pretty big bass there but I think the majority of them are probably around 5 pounds or so. I use a pretty light tackle with about 15-20 pound test. They are pretty feisty and a lot of fun to catch. It would be a lot of fun to have a OFF meet up down there. I have caught a ton of different kind of fish there. There can also be some pretty big carp in the area too but they are pretty smart fish and can be harder to catch.

S
Sketchmann
Happy 4th everyone.

tbrinks
tbrinks
That looks like a good spot. I'll be checking it out next time I visit my sister in Portland, she's right around the corner from there and I haven't ever fished it.

Looking at the Navionics webapp it looks like some decent depth changes and submerged objects, not too far from the docks

Nav Chart
river nav chart.jpg
Sonar Chart
river sonar chart.jpg