Where to fish Eagle Creek?

S
steelhead1000
going out to eagle creek this weekend but what are some good spots to fish steelhead?

Y
youngbuck307
anywhere that would be normal holding water... hard to say in this clear water could be the deep dark holes or the white water.... just going to have to check all over the creek to find one right now i think. Eagle Fern Park look it up on google will give you a good starting point.

E
eggs
I would hike like a mile or 2 down from the hatchery and fish the whole way and whole way back... but by this weekend the creek could be in good shape if we get some rain..

Y
youngbuck307
lol o my bad he did say this weekend so should fish good i would think with the rain we are getting lol my bad...

S
steelhead1000
Thanks guys do you know how to get to the fish ladder hole? just send me a message if you want to keep it a secret

Y
youngbuck307
when your driving to Eagle fern park there is a yellow gate on your right thats it!!! but your not allowed to fish that first hole you have to go down past deadline

S
steelhead1000
thanks um a little confused so can i enter the yellow gate and walk past the deadline?

O
OnTheDrop
i believe its 200 ft down from the ladder. The deadline.

M
meluvtrout
Tell your dad(or whoever will be driving you up there) to park his car by the yellow gate and follow the path.At some point the path is going to split. If you take the left one, it'll take you to the ladder and you'll see the fence. It's OK, you're not lost. Just follow the fence and you'll see a tree with a yellow sign on it. That's the deadline. Pass the deadline, and you'll be able to see more paths that will lead you to the holes.
If you want more adventure; Stop by the white gate instead and follow the path...
Good luck...

S
steelhead1000
thanks again i really apreciate the info i have been getting ready for this trip and hope to get a steelhead,:pray: really apreciate sharing the info:D

S
steelhead1000
Is is this hole/holes fly fishable? Or itleast jig fishable?

M
metalfisher76
steelhead1000 said:
Is is this hole/holes fly fishable? Or itleast jig fishable?

Yep!

Wilsonriverfisher
Wilsonriverfisher
fish around eagle fern park has some good water upstream and downstream for a mile both ways. Up by the hatchery is also good with really nice water to fish but the trails down are steep and inter winding so be careful of your bearings if you have never been down there.