where to buy outboard parts in portland?

N
ninja2010
does anyone know where i can pick up a part for my outboard? hopefully somewhere close in to portland.

i need the upper part of a tiller arm for a 5hp force (mercury marine) 1995 model. are there places in town that part out motors?

O
osmosis
There are a couple marine salvage yards, take a look in the phone book in the marine section, I forget their names. I know there are a couple in the portland area.
If you strike out at the yards, give stevens marine a shout. They have treated me well every time I have gone in there.

N
ninja2010
thanks very much, osmo. will do.

M
mudslinging79
i recently picked up a parts motor at oregon city marina, $100 for an 18 horse motor, complete cept for the coils and prop. was $50 cheaper than just ordering the part i need...

A
allford
I recently bought some parts at Cascade Marine. They had everything I needed for my 78 mercury outboard in stock and at a reasonable price.

Cascade Marine
14900 SE Stark
Portland, OR 97233
(503) 255-8487

D
Dan Feller
allford said:
I recently bought some parts at Cascade Marine. They had everything I needed for my 78 mercury outboard in stock and at a reasonable price.

Cascade Marine
14900 SE Stark
Portland, OR 97233
(503) 255-8487

I had a good experience at Cascade Marine when I took my outboard in for repair. The stator and voltage regulator burned up on my 2000 25 HP Mercury Bigfoot 4-stroke (motor died on an outgoing tide at Netarts, but that's another story...). They did have to order the parts, but they got it done on time and very close to the estimate (actually a few bucks under their quote). The total for parts and labor came to about $600, at least $300 less than the quote I got from Stevens (they estimated $900-$1000).

I was very happy with the service before, during, and after the repair.

Good luck finding that part!

N
ninja2010
thanks very much guys... i'm going shopping tomorrow. hopefully i get the part and can get the boat out soon.

Chromatose
Chromatose
" (motor died on an outgoing tide at Netarts, but that's another story...) "

:lol:

Maybe a new topic, How I survived a dead motor in out going tide waters?

Didn't mean to stomp on the thread, but this caught my eye and I had to make a response.

C
cchinook
ninja

ninja

harvies marine - the big rabbit - losing power at Netarts can mean you are going to Japan - been there , done that !

M
Mmfh
For future reference, If Mike's outboards on Foster is still around he used to have everything I ever needed.

Mm

F
fishnquest
Its tough to find parts and service for these little motors. I bought my 6hp merc on ebay and ups helped out by dropping it somewhere along the way, broke the cover into two pieces (they said it was not pacakaged properly, so no $ help from them). It took me about a week to make contact with someone who works on this little motor. The drop also broke the fuel float. I've got a good man to work on it now, so its time to go fishing...
Glad to hear you found your source ninj.

N
ninja2010
yeah, i will be getting the part... and not from the guy i emailed. we went back and forth a few times and when he said he'll get it for me, i was pumped. then radio silence...

anyways i called cascade marine after 3 days of waiting for an email from the guy. cascade ordered the part and ken said it should be here on wednesday. still keeping my fingers crossed...

F
fishnquest
ninja2010 said:
yeah, i will be getting the part... and not from the guy i emailed. we went back and forth a few times and when he said he'll get it for me, i was pumped. then radio silence...

anyways i called cascade marine after 3 days of waiting for an email from the guy. cascade ordered the part and ken said it should be here on wednesday. still keeping my fingers crossed...

I'm having deja vu...it all sounds sooo familiar.