Where to buy a good beginner rod & setup for flyfishing?

B
bass_master
Hi, I love fishing and have fished all my life but have never really flyfished... except maybe once as a kid. Where can I get a good beginner setup for cheap? I need everything to get started. Thanks for any tips!
Rusty

Troutski
Troutski
Combo's...

Combo's...

Pick up a combo from Joes,Bi-Mart or Sportsmans, you can pick up a very complete combo that will handle most of your needs early in your quest. After a while of working and casting and casting and casting. After a couple of fish you will know what you want and how much it will cost. Stick with a name you are familiar with, keeping in mind what size you will need for the fish you will be targeting. There will be quite a few in your price range, you are going to love it - you really will.
They make popper flies, Oh yea..top water action on a fly rod is so cool. Can you say Davis Lake :shock: :cool:

Chuck

C
Combat Chuck
Yep... what he said. Thats how I started and its definitely the most affordable. With a combo everything will be matched to the correct size... rod, reel and fly line.

Troutski
Troutski
And poppers...

And poppers...

Combat Chuck said:
Yep... what he said. Thats how I started and its definitely the most affordable. With a combo everything will be matched to the correct size... rod, reel and fly line.

Oh yea the poppers.............sorry, but those are some great memories..my arm is starting to throb and pulse just thinking about it.

Chuck

G
ghost hunting fly fisher
where to buy a good beginner fly rod

where to buy a good beginner fly rod

well if you live any where near down town Oregon city I would recommend going to fisher mans marine and outdoor to get a beginner flyrod because you can go into the fly shop and ask the man that is there (usually you have ask someone to get some help in there) to help you find a flyrod.
I would also recommend to tell him your min. and max. amount of money.a.k.a. the green stuff that comes out of your wallet. I hope they dont hassle ya too much. wish ya luck.

:pray: god is good

G
ghost hunting fly fisher
good rod/reel setup for fly fishing some salmon

good rod/reel setup for fly fishing some salmon

can someone help me find a good fly rod/reel combo for salmon, i need it for pretty cheap cause i am only 16

:pray: god is good

R
Redside
Inexpensive gear

Inexpensive gear

If you are close to Beaverton, I'd highly recommend River City Fly Shop at 11429 SW Scholls Ferry Rd, Beaverton (503) 579-5176. The owner carries everything from inexpensive (but decent quality) to high end gear and everyone that works there is extremely friendly and helpful. I don't have any relationship with the shop. I just stop in there a few times a year and never have had a bad experience.

G
grampa ron
Salmon Fly Rod

Salmon Fly Rod

Joe's is closing thier doors. Go there and make an offer. You will need at least an 8 wt. rod and fly line to match.

M
mlw
Joe's big clearance sale is a whopping 10% off rods (today, eugene)

T
tnffishman
joe's sale is a joke. they say everything is on salme until you go to the checkout. then they tell you the sales arent in use any more because they are taken over by a liquidation company.:rolleyes: anyway at walmart they have these great combo packs with everything, even a instructional dvd:dance::clap:

F
fishndad
wal-mart or bi-mart will be your best bet!