Where they going

M
Markcanby
So with almost 100k steelies over the locks this month where you think they are going Deschutes?

F
FishSchooler
Markcanby said:
So with almost 100k steelies over the locks this month where you think they are going Deschutes?

I think they are going in my cooler... :lol:
Except they decided to swim around that little shiny purple and red thing that is spinning

T
Troutier Bassier
Is Steelhead fishing any good at Cascade Locks?

M
Markcanby
I'm gonna take my little girl up to the dam tomorrow wan watch the fish go up teh ladder. She has been watching the live feed with me all week.

T
TTFishon
Markcanby said:
I'm gonna take my little girl up to the dam tomorrow wan watch the fish go up teh ladder. She has been watching the live feed with me all week.

What's the link to the live feed?

F
Fishtopher
Markcanby said:

Heres what I think; Deschutes, Snake, Clearwater, Salmon rivers will see the majority of those fish. The Clearwater has the largest steelhead hatchery in the world. Someone may correct me on that...

Youve probably heard the terms A-run, and B-run, when people are talking about Steelhead. IMO, most of the fish crossing the Dam now are A-run fish, and are headed to the Snake, and Salmon rivers. These A-runs are mostly 1-2 salt fish, which means they spend 1 or 2 years in the ocean before turning tail and heading upriver. A-runs are generally 5-10lb fish.

B-runs are headed to the Clearwater, and a few other tribs. B-runs are 2-4 salt fish and weigh in between 10 and 20+lbs.

But what do I know....:)

Irishrover
Irishrover
Fishtopher, you nailed that one right on the head...........I used to fish the John Day River in hopes of catching a B run fish that made a wrong turn. Some of those Idaho bound B run fish make that mistake but not a lot. ;)

M
Mad dog
The Grande Ronde and Wallowa rivers will get their share of those summers as well!