Where is your heaven at?

S
Spydeyrch
Ok, so I am not talking about religion here, hehehehe. :lol::lol:

I am obviously taking about your fishing heaven. The perfect place where man and nature merge, mesh, co-exist, and there is perfect harmony. Where you dream about going fishing some day. The one place that perhaps you would add to your bucket list of things/places you want to go to before you move on.

My perfect fishing heaven would have to be in the mountains.

I imagine myself having to hike into a remote river/stream/lake. Crystal clear waters, natural strawberries, blueberries, huckleberries, blackberries, salmon berries grow everywhere. Alpine meadows cover the mountain side and are covered in beautiful alpine flowers in full bloom. I camp out under the stars and cook my fish over an open camp fire with some nice potates, some fluffy bread warmed by the camp fire. Obviously it would have to be only fly fishing (at least for me). The fish wouldn't be too easy to catch but not too hard either. I would have to work to get their attention but once I do, FISH ON!!!!

Clear skies would be wonderful, a few scattered clouds, sunshine warming the cool breezes that push through the valley. Some snow still on the peaks. I imagine somewhere that Marty Stouffer would film for his Wild America series.

the type of fish could range from brookies, to cuts, to bows, to bowns. I don't really care to much. But it would have to be trout.

I would have either my dad with me or a good buddy that enjoys the same places. If it was later in life than my son would be with me (he is only 4, almost 5, right now).

Here are some pictures that represent what I am thinking about.

-Spydey

P.S. These are not places I have been too but just a representation of where I would like to go for my heaven-on-earth fishing trip. CO_Riparian_alpine_streams.JPG

brandon4455
brandon4455
my heaven would be a 4wt fly rod a pair of waders and a small stream up in te coast range untouched..moss growing on the rocks near the river bank loaded with big native cutthroat and rainbows readily eating a dry fly

(all the above i described is true except the waders and rod,flies don't have those but ive been to the stream i described)

S
Spydeyrch
That does sound like heaven. That would be awesome to hit up a place like that with a little 3wt or 4wt rod.

-Spydey

brandon4455
brandon4455
it's one of those places that looks like it's unreal,, the stream is only like 10-12 feet wide but it gets up to around 7-9 ft deep. very cleatr water .

S
Spydeyrch
That is awesome!!! Any chance you might be willing give me a hint where it is at, huh? hehehehe. :)

-Spydey

Y
youngbuck307
So if I could have anything even if it was never possable I would want to be in Alaska with pops fishing big kings.... One thing I promissed him I will do even if it isn't with him physicaly he will still be there!!!

S
Spydeyrch
My heart goes out to you. I sincerely hope that you get an opportunity to get up there and fish with your father, even if it is only in spirit and heart.

My sister is up there with the Air Force and just loves it. I have a friend here who got back from serving in the Army while stationed up there. He said that after their morning duties, they would just run over to the bridge in the middle of the base where one of the major rivers ran. They would constantly pull out 10 - 15 salmon every 30 mins. He said it was so full sometimes that you couldn't see the bottom of the river/stream at all; just the backs of the salmon!!! CRAZY!!!!!

Take care.

-Spydey

M
Markcanby
Argentina with a 28" rainbow on.

troutdude
troutdude
brandon4455 said:
(all the above i described is true except the waders and rod,flies don't have those but ive been to the stream i described)

Say what? Flies don't wear waders and use fly rods? Say it isn't so! ROTFL

troutdude
troutdude
Destination Heaven

Destination Heaven

Hey Spydey,

The place that you described, reminded me of my first trip to the Middle Deschutes. The water was crystal clear, and the place was loaded with beautiful Brookies! I had the river all to myself. It was awesome, and I C & R's dozen's of those little beauties.

And then there was that trip to Lava Lake...WOW...what scenery! All three of the Sister's peaks AND Bachelor Butte all in plain view. Plus, the first time that I saw a Bald Eagle (just as bald as me...hee hee) fly from one horizon to the next. AWESOME!!! I got skunked on that trip; but still enjoyed every minute of it.

S
Spydeyrch
Markcanby said:
Argentina with a 28" rainbow on.

Yeah, I heard and read that there is some AMAZING!!! fishing in the Patagonia region of Argentia. That would be crazy to fish there.

S
Spydeyrch
troutdude said:
Hey Spydey,

The place that you described, reminded me of my first trip to the Middle Deschutes. The water was crystal clear, and the place was loaded with beautiful Brookies! I had the river all to myself. It was awesome, and I C & R's dozen's of those little beauties.

And then there was that trip to Lava Lake...WOW...what scenery! All three of the Sister's peaks AND Bachelor Butte all in plain view. Plus, the first time that I saw a Bald Eagle (just as bald as me...hee hee) fly from one horizon to the next. AWESOME!!! I got skunked on that trip; but still enjoyed every minute of it.

Hmmmmm....... the Deschutes, ay???? Well I guess I am going to have to stop by there sometime soon and check her out. I had heard that the Crooked was also very similar.

-Spydey

J
JeannaJigs
My little piece of heaven is a coastal stream loaded with steelhead, and I'd have to kill you if I told you where it was. ;)

S
Spydeyrch
JeannaJigs said:
My little piece of heaven is a coastal stream loaded with steelhead, and I'd have to kill you if I told you where it was. ;)

Well, I think that is a fair price for some nice chrome, don't you? hahahahahaha, J/K.

-Spydey

J
JeannaJigs
Haha agreed.

S
SantiamDrifter
North Santiam in the summer. Shorts and flipflops. My boat is 1 of the few I see on the water every week. The other boats are close friends. Plenty of peace and quite and after some hard work, steelhead.

F
FishFiddle
Easy one! Late morning on the Rogue for half-pounders, and after c&r like the 10th one for the day my wife is giggling and says 'This is better than Christmas!' I am a Lucky guy!

H
Herefishyfishy
Trolling the Columbia for springers without another boat in sight would be my heaven!

H
halibuthitman
It would be at a place way up in ne washington, 2 miles from canada... at a place called cedar lake, I would be 12 again.. standing up in my coleman scanoe, wearing orange oakley Blades and camo pants.. it would be the 3rd week in may, I would have my wonder rod, zebco 202, and a mason jar full of helgramites... and a tube of super glue, lining up a whole pack of eagle claw snelled hooks I would glue a helgramite to each one and put them in the jar again.... then rowing a little up the gentle stream that feeds cedar lake I would push the button on my 202 letting a hook and live helgy swim 20 feet away.. no weight.. I would drift out into the lake and as soon as I passed the grass at the edge of the shallow water BAM.... I said B...A...M!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my wonder rod would bend to the water under the strain of a 3-5 lb native cutt... and I would do this until my bait was gone... then ride my bike to deep lake 2 miles down the road... catch some more bait.. and do it again-:cool:............................. I certainly hope heaven is like that... I really do-

C
colbypearson
well out of the places i have been #1 would be Whiskeytown on a spring morning when the fishing is hot!,#2 would be trinity on a dead calm spring day when all the bigguns are locked on beds,#3 is the unspoken lake haha.......those are just the places i have been that i could title that :)