Where is the next state record LM coming from?

F
FishSlayer420
I was just curoius on what everyone thought where this monster LM might come from.:think:

F
fishndad
lake selmac near grants pass! as soon as i can get there lol

T
TTFishon
I think some private pond or a farm pond that doesn't get fished much. Or maybe Davis Lake on a fly wouldn't that be cool.

F
Finneus Polebender
next record

next record

I tend to agree with the private or little known area, and one thats been that way for a long time to actually hold the largest fish available . However at the current size I believe there are fish larger in more than a few different waters right now. N/w colder climate large bass are a different critter by nature / habitat than their southern cousins Know very few bass fisherman who regularly catch 7-10 lb LM I mean like several a year anyhow Many like me have gotten lucky and hit a fish or two in that range. Still I say they are there this due to life span of species and wide diet capability its gonna take a pureist to figure them out. My bet is on a body of water that I personally know has not been fished for 15 years and therefore shall never be mentioned as long as it exists just in case it is ever made accessable again in the future .and no its not ballenger/blue water although obviously giant LM are there.sorry

F
FishSlayer420
I think I know where you are talking about FB. If it is I totally agree that there is a Hog or two in there.

F
Finneus Polebender
FishSlayer420 said:
I think I know where you are talking about FB. If it is I totally agree that there is a Hog or two in there.

lets just say baby ducks and geese are the primary diet through out the spring where these babys liveand they have only been observed for those last fifteen years enuff to make a guy cry his eyes out. If I win the lottery some one could get 5 times the property value from me to make it my personal pond

T
the_intimidator03
well the one place i think that would be a likely place for state record large mouth. is closed to the public... but my dad used to work there and catch live mice and toss em into the pond and watch the bass jump and clear out of the water. HUGE bass. but again... private location. but im sneaky :-? lol

F
fishndad
if anyone knows of lake selmac take my advice and check into it! ill share all the info i have if its neccesary! but my biggest bass was out of that lake and it was over 9 lbs! but your gonna need big bait

G
GoDucks1
Finneus Polebender said:
lets just say baby ducks and geese are the primary diet through out the spring where these babys liveand they have only been observed for those last fifteen years enuff to make a guy cry his eyes out. If I win the lottery some one could get 5 times the property value from me to make it my personal pond

The pond on the Wildish property?

O
OBP Turtle 33
I would guess most reservoirs in the state have fish that are of state record capacity. Many ponds that have had "10lb +" fish in them have gotten much more fishing pressure throughout the years and dont have enough gallons in them to harbor more than one large fish in them. Dorena/Ten Mile would be my bet there are big fish in them they have a ton of food. As or catching one I have a techn igue that while it is no secret to most of the country Oregon has not quite caught on yet. I usually see/hook/land a fish over 5lbs a trip and have seen more than a few that could have gone over 10 all it will take it time on the water and I am positive I can get a fish at least over 10. "sorry the only technigue I wont share with anyone online, no its not snagging." Private Property cannot be recognized as state records fish otherwise we would have state record carppie all wrapped up lol

F
Finneus Polebender
GoDucks1 said:
The pond on the Wildish property?

nope but sure there are fish larger than state record there also

J
JASMINE
I second the Doreena/Ten mile as the most probable. they did a shocking of the water at Doreena (just a small portion) and they said there were lot's of ten pounders, and that place can be really tough and there is a lot's of grass where a big hog could just chill and eat and never be caught. I have seen a 9 pulled out of ten mile and there is just so much structure and so much food to be eaten there, and ollala (spelling i know) i think might have one, i spent half a day once pitching to a HOG that was around 10 for sure. of course didn't provoke it's intrest, but they are there. Hopefuly someday one of us will get one!!!

A
Anyfishisfine
Finneus Polebender said:
If I win the lottery some one could get 5 times the property value from me to make it my personal pond

There was a piece of property for sale in Aurora a while back. It had bank access to the Pudding river, and a private oxbow lake. One can dream.

C
cavdad45
I'd jump on the Selmac bandwagon, but wouldn't be surprised if it came from one of the larger reservoirs close to the California border.

Though there are some big fish possible on the south coast lakes, I doubt a record-breaker would be caught there.

If a big girl was caught in private waters it would not qualify for "official" record status. Rule change. Private fish don't qualify.

O
OBP Turtle 33
Its too bad they drain Lost Creek Lake near Medford when the Largemouth spawn now its just full of dink smallmouth. We did catch a few largemouth but nothing like it was in its hay day. I believe it kicked out 2 previous state records. There are big smallmouth but they are between about 500 small ones HAHA

T
Thuggin4Life
It will be out of a pond that we never heard of but was just added to the non-private list the year it was caught.

T
TTFishon
Thuggin4Life said:
It will be out of a pond that we never heard of but was just added to the non-private list the year it was caught.

You might be right about that. I'm sure glad they changed that rule.

F
fishndad
cavdad45 said:
I'd jump on the Selmac bandwagon, but wouldn't be surprised if it came from one of the larger reservoirs close to the California border.

Though there are some big fish possible on the south coast lakes, I doubt a record-breaker would be caught there.

If a big girl was caught in private waters it would not qualify for "official" record status. Rule change. Private fish don't qualify.

well folk's, ill just say its gonna be fun finding that monster! good luck to all

O
OBP Turtle 33
Yeah there are fish in most Reservoirs pushing 13 if not over the mark and there are more than one of them, if it is a pond its a stroke of luck from that individual.

F
FishSlayer420
Right bait Right time Right place