Where is the good trout fishing?

I
I Grade
My wife and I are planning on heading out fishing tomorrow and we are curious if anyone could reccomend a good spot that isn't just full of the dummy stocker trout. We don't see much challenge in catching them because they bite on anything that stinks and has color. We would like to go somewhere withing 2 hours of Portland if possible. We are also open to catching kokanee so please drop a message if you can think of any good spots.

PEACE

I Grade

T
Troutier Bassier
Saandy River.

F
FishSchooler
I Grade said:
My wife and I are planning on heading out fishing tomorrow and we are curious if anyone could reccomend a good spot that isn't just full of the dummy stocker trout. We don't see much challenge in catching them because they bite on anything that stinks and has color. We would like to go somewhere withing 2 hours of Portland if possible. We are also open to catching kokanee so please drop a message if you can think of any good spots.

PEACE

I Grade

I thought you left OFF. :lol:
Slightly Upper Molalla (that's how you spell it?) has em.

I
I Grade
I Grade has officially returned to OFF.

I Grade has officially returned to OFF.

Actually I left the forum for a cpl weeks but I received some private messages from others in the forum that made me feel as though I was perhaps over-reacting to the behavior of the unethical long liners that we have posting in the steelhead threads. So since I felt that I was not entirely alone in knowing these losers are an 'ugly black mark' on this otherwise wonderful forum, I decided to come back and be a part of things again. So thanks for the insight, and I will take it into account when I get on the road tomorrow morning.

PEACE

I Grade

B
beaverfan
Good to have you back!

O
OnTheFly
I Grade said:

PEACE

I Grade

Perhaps you could try a more challenging fishing method such as catching fish on a fly. No stinky bait! Pulling dozens of trout in a day is great fun whether it's stocker fish or not.

Last edited: