Where is the bullfrog forum? LOL!

C
ChezJfrey
Funniest thing happened this morning. I went down to a local lake about 2.5 miles from my house in the early a.m.

I was casting out a floating Rapala in hopes that a bass would hit the surface for a bite to eat. On one particular cast, I reeled in about a foot, when I felt a hit. I pulled sharply and felt some resistance, but no fighting fish. Bummer.

It was still dark, so I couldn't see, but it felt like nothing was on my line any longer so I stopped reeling. I touched the line, and actually felt a faint tug. Huh? I continued to reel more, but it really felt like I was just dragging in a tree branch or a heavy clump of weeds.

When the line end reached shore, I scooped up what I thought looked and felt like a wet bag or something. Pulled the net up close and in the faint moonlight saw the thing...a large bullfrog!

I'd never had that happen before. I carried it up the bank a bit, set it down and grabbed my camera; I had to get a shot of this. However, it must not have been hooked securely and the frog dislodged itself. When I placed the net on the ground, the frog hopped away before I could ready the camera.

Did it really grab the lure, or did I just snag it as it floated innocently on the water surface? I couldn't see in the dark.

Funny stuff. I chuckled for awhile about that.

Oh, and only caught one small big mouth besides that and didn't hear the usual fish jumping activity on the lake - slow bite this morning.

M
Modest_Man
Funny story.

Yesterday I manage to snag a dead beaver. No joke. Thing was NASTY.

N
ninja2010
too funny... but i think you musta snagged it since you're chucking a rapala... if you were fly fishing on the other hand... hmmmmm...

T
TTFishon
I've caught bullfrogs on a rapala before. They can be very aggressive eaters.

N
ninja2010
TTFishon said:
I've caught bullfrogs on a rapala before. They can be very aggressive eaters.

no kidding... i had no idea. wow.

T
TTFishon
I've had them hit my rubber worms too. lol