Where is salmon fishing hot? Close to Eugene?

D
dancindanthefisherman
Hi my name is dan i went fishing on the siuslaw a few weeks ago and have not been back since? has anyone been catching any fresh kings over there lately? Also curious has anyone been down to the elk lately? if so how is it doing?

M
Mike123
Your fall chinook run is about over...

The south coast rivers and Wilson I'd say are best bet..

It's time for winter steel!! :dance:

D
dancindanthefisherman
thanks for the reply. I only cought 1 chinook this year and was hoping for another.

B
beaverfan
The Wilson still has some decent looking Chinook still in it. Quite a drive for you though..

M
Mike123
Yea I'd def go for the Elk/Sixes/Chetco area... have no clue about reports from down there but i know there are USUALLY bright nooks in December there.

Try the Guides Forecast for some info.

M
Mike123
12/10 - Taken from the guides forecast.. "Chinook are holding in the low waters of the Elk and Sixes rivers and are not cooperating with anglers. Rain is needed here to re-invigorate this fishery."

Well with the rain this week I'd say this week is a good time to hit it up!
I would if I lived closer!

J
JeannaJigs
There's always a few late run chinook in the Siuslaw, but I wouldn't actually go out and target them. I've caught Chinook in there as a bycatch when targetting steelhead in December, but, really, it's not worth the money to drive over there just for chinook. Winter steel is in! My neighbor caught two bright fish just below Austa. Peak months are January and February though...

P
plumb2fish
dancindanthefisherman said:
Hi my name is dan i went fishing on the siuslaw a few weeks ago and have not been back since? has anyone been catching any fresh kings over there lately? Also curious has anyone been down to the elk lately? if so how is it doing?

Check out lighthousekeeper.com for recent info on elk/sixes rivers