Where do you fish

Q
qwapaw
Since the closest I have come to fishing there was having a drink at the bar accross the canal, I was wondering where people fish there. Seems like a pretty big area. Looks like I will be there sometime over the 4th weekend with the little fisher girl (my grand daughter). I would like to fish in the right spot so she can catch a fish. Any help would be appreciated. Is there a handicapped area like at JCP. That way I may be able to stay out of the pond, lol. Tight lines, Qwa

troutdude
troutdude
Howdy Qwapaw!

I'd recommend against the out take pond, that flows back into the Willy. We'd have to come n' "fish" you out of there. What's your bait of choice? LOl

However, don't be at all dismayed. There is LOTS of fish-able water. There are nice level paths all over the place; and much of it is even paved. The stretch behind the restaurant is good. That is where ODFW peeps typically stock it. Although, I think stocking is done for now. There are some bass in there too. I'm not real sure about accessibility for your scooter. But, you could call Eugene Parks n' Rec for details.

There is also the "radio tower pond". It is about a 4 acre pond; and it is almost directly behind Autzen. I've only been there once, so am not sure about access for you. It also has 'bows n' bass.

Here is a map: Map of Eugene, Oregon by MapQuest

This shows where the AB Canal splits off of the Willy, on the Springfield side of the Freeway (Eastgate Woodlands). Then, the canal flows under I-5. It then flows a mile or so, and into the Radio Tower Pond. From there it meanders and goes past the Science Factory; then past the Restaurant. It's into a YUCKY duck pond from there and then into the out flow pond.

You also might want to call the Springfield Parks department too; so you can find out about access at the Eastgate Woodlands park.

Good luck.

P.S. You can PM NWKiller too. He has been all over than place and would be a great resource for ya.

Q
qwapaw
The good news is I don't use a scooter yet. As long as it is fairly flat and not big rocks, I can do alright. Just have Auto Imune Deseases which includes RA, and my legs are effected a lot by it. Kind of a stuborn guy, I only use my cane once in a while. Thank you for all the info Dude, it will make the little fishing girls day if she can catch anything. Tight lines, and Let's keep Jiggs in out thoughts, Dan

T
Thuggin4Life
I always go behind kowloons

troutdude
troutdude
qwapaw said:
The good news is I don't use a scooter yet. As long as it is fairly flat and not big rocks, I can do alright. Just have Auto Imune Deseases which includes RA, and my legs are effected a lot by it. Kind of a stuborn guy, I only use my cane once in a while. Thank you for all the info Dude, it will make the little fishing girls day if she can catch anything. Tight lines, and Let's keep Jiggs in out thoughts, Dan

OK. That sounds good. You can probably go anywhere that you want. The trip to the Radio Tower Pond, FYI, is about 1/2 mile one way and most of it is paved.

Q
qwapaw
Thanks Team, You can alway count on the OFF Team to help a person out when we don't know where to go, and I have been told where to go by some real pros, lol. Thanks again, Qwa

troutdude
troutdude
I'm happy to see that we were a bit more graceful, in telling you where to go. LOL

Q
qwapaw
OK, If things go as planned we shoould be accross from Kowloons about 9:00 AM Saturday Morning. Myself, Nook Hooker, and Little Girl How Fishes too. If anyone wants to come by, we will be there. Thanks, Dan U