Where did i fish today?

I
IGotABite
Well we went on an adventure in the will-AM-it and we found a spot right where you hit downtown milwaukie if your coming from oregon city and there is a boat ramp right there to the left and a few spots to fish we caught 3 heads about the size of my little hand, and we are going out there tomarow and want to know if there is any trout fishing there THANK YOU SO MUCH

M
metalmania
Are you talking about jefferson street boat launch? The one with the old crappy ramp that I think is closed down. The bass fishing is allright down there especially by the old dock pillings to the right of the launch, but there isn't any trout in there. Theres just bass, carp and some sturgies that cruise around there. Don't forget you must be atleast 200 feet away from the fish weir that's down near the end far left corner of the parking lot. Hope this helps you out man.

BTW what do you mean by "heads". Never heard of a fish nicknamed that, except bullheads I guess. I wouldn't doubt there's some human heads floatin around in that nasty old water though :lol:.

I
IGotABite
no there were boats all over comming in and out, my brother caught 3 baby steelheads, the size of my hand, we just want to know what we will be fishing for out there we only went for 45 mins and left home, we want to go out on the willamete but every spot we hit there is never anything unless you got a boat all day trip and nothing but 3 hand sized steelheads, we live over in the meldrum oregon city milwaukie area but meldrum is way way to crowded right now. Help plz lol

and to describe it better there is a general electric building and a far left parking lot with a wall you can fish over

I
IGotABite
and what kind of stuff do you use to fish for the bass buy the pillars

B
bitesetreel
light colored rapala crankbaits work well in the Willamette for smallmouth. Be careful if your using ultra light gear. Some takedowns have been known to snap rod tips right off!

I
IGotABite
so we will be fishing for bass then with the cranks, but we will be on the shore so i am hoping it works no boat just car n not a lot of gas so i hope we can get something tomarow

M
metalmania
IGotABite said:
and what kind of stuff do you use to fish for the bass buy the pillars

I love to use the 4 inch Gary Yamamoto senkos. I use the senkos with a 1/8 unpainted jighead. Try to match the color of the senko to the water color. Green or watermelon should work well.