Where Can We Catch Trout ?

S
slingosusie
Can anybody tell me where the trout are being caught?We went back to
Harriet lake and only caught 1 fish.I'm sorry to report,it wasn't the "Big One"
that I lost on free fishing day.Then we went to that salish pond ,only had a few nice bites,but caught nothing.I need someone to tell us where we can
catch something,and it's not too far from Portland.
Hope to hear from somebody soon,we can't wait to go again!
Thanks,*slingosusie

T
Troutier Bassier
At salish, You dont have a good Chance until august to cathc something. There is a bunch of Small Brook trout in there right now but all the keepers are fished out. Use Chartruse Powereggs are the best bait for Stocked trout. Keep the leader about 2 feet long.

C
catphish
Your chances are going to be slim right now. Its the hottest time of year, them puppies go down. Like TB said, later in August. Noticing the stocking schedule, there will be nothing worth fishing for a while in trout. They are still out there, I landed a few in the Nehalem river last week, they just harder to get. But if you didn't get any at harriet (one of my favorite spots) thats rough.

P
panderson01
Try North Fork Reservoir (Promontory Park) in Estacada, if that's not too far. We typically limit out each time.

We generally just use a worm on a hook with a small split shot, but a lot of people troll with wedding rings.

Good spots are by the log boom at the dam and back side of the lake close to shore. Just watch where others are fishing.

Good luck,

-Paul

Troutski
Troutski
Boat...?

Boat...?

slingosusie said:
Can anybody tell me where the trout are being caught?We went back to
Harriet lake and only caught 1 fish.I'm sorry to report,it wasn't the "Big One"
that I lost on free fishing day.Then we went to that salish pond ,only had a few nice bites,but caught nothing.I need someone to tell us where we can
catch something,and it's not too far from Portland.
Hope to hear from somebody soon,we can't wait to go again!
Thanks,*slingosusie

Do you have access to a boat? That alone will up your chances 75% at least, mid summer is by far the toughest time of year for Trout from shore. Now if you can get a little further south there are still Trout to be had.

Chuck

18406ej
18406ej
It might be a bit of a drive, but Detroit Lake has some good depth with bank access. I have always been able to get something through the hottest months there. Send me a PM if you want directions to some good "secret" holes. The same offer goes to anyone else, I am not trying to be selfish.

S
slingosusie
Thanks Everyone for the info.

Thanks Everyone for the info.

Thanks for all the info. everyone gave us.We don't have a boat,so from shore
we go !!We think probably it will be Promontory Park.We'll let everyone know
how it went.This time I hope the darn big birds aren't the only ones getting fish,like we saw at salish pond !!!(I know,they have to eat too )
Thanks Again
*Slingosusie

S
Scarecro
Your surest bet would be going at the end of the month or beg of AUG. theyll stock a bunch of lakes. Heres a day of hatchery torut fishing. Cpl days after they stocked here in sutherlin. IMG_1894.jpg

Good luck.

Last time they stocked them in june i slayed trout wherever lake i went to. Im fishing the river for bass right now while i wait for them to stock again.

Heres the link. not sure if this is the link that someone else posted but just click on your region and it will tell you when and how much is each lake being stocked.

Good luck.