Where can I shoot a pellet/BB gun?

NKlamerus

Im currently living inside Springfield City Limits, which doesn't allow pellet guns?

I've got a Gamo Viper Express I'd like to break out, it's .22 and also shoots mini shotgun shells filled with #9 lead shot. (All break barrel compressed air powered)

Is there anywhere outside the city I can just shoot some cans?

I am officially a resident, will I need a full-blown hunting license?

SiletzTroutKiller

You can shoot Pellets and real firearms on any BLM or National Forest property (Public Land) without a hunting license. Most private timber companies don’t allow target shooting though, because people trash the land.

troutdude

Yeah public lands are fine. But no city will allow them inside of the city limits. The only exception that I know of, is with the City of Corvallis. But ONLY if you are shooting Starlings. However...that's a law specific to the city of Corvallis. I can't vouch for any other cities or towns.

NKlamerus

I will try and track down a map!

I haven't been to the BLM in Springfield yet, although the ODFW office might have one?

Definitely different than Florida, we could shoot pellet guns just about wherever, used to carry BB guns around the neighborhood

Alabama was even more lax, don't want to leave your gun in the truck? Bring it in? Walmart, restaurants, gas station, you name it

SiletzTroutKiller

I will try and track down a map!

I haven't been to the BLM in Springfield yet, although the ODFW office might have one?

Definitely different than Florida, we could shoot pellet guns just about wherever, used to carry BB guns around the neighborhood

Alabama was even more lax, don't want to leave your gun in the truck? Bring it in? Walmart, restaurants, gas station, you name it
Haha Oregon isn’t nearly as gun friendly as down south. We’re still allowed conceal carry and AR-15 for now though!!!