Where are you OSP?

S
steelhead1
Ever feel like draggin out the old gillnet and stretchin it accross the river for some illegal poached nooks?Siletz is the place for you.want to throw your beer cans in the water, and dirty diapers and tangled line wherever you please?Head on over to the siletz! Dont speak english,have no idea what fish is in season? I know a good river for you.....want to catch your daily limit,go home, then come back for more? You guessed it,Im talkin about the siletz!Besides all the scumbag lowlife litterbug poaching a**holes,the nook fishin on the siletz was super awesome the last two days,you just gotta get away from the nasty local crowd. Sorry for the rant,I am just fed up with the way some peaple behave.:(

F
Finneus Polebender
steelhead1 said:
Ever feel like draggin out the old gillnet and stretchin it accross the river for some illegal poached nooks?Siletz is the place for you.want to throw your beer cans in the water, and dirty diapers and tangled line wherever you please?Head on over to the siletz! Dont speak english,have no idea what fish is in season? I know a good river for you.....want to catch your daily limit,go home, then come back for more? You guessed it,Im talkin about the siletz!Besides all the scumbag lowlife litterbug poaching a**holes,the nook fishin on the siletz was super awesome the last two days,you just gotta get away from the nasty local crowd. Sorry for the rant,I am just fed up with the way some peaple behave.:(

Seems like all the places we fish down here are patrolled only if it is a well known spot ,put in take out and such with many non popular stretches like you say open season to people with lets face it premeditated poaching and total disreguard for regulations in mind . These would most likely be the same folks that dont particularly care or worry about the enviornment either and trash the place at will .I echo your frustration with the fact that even when the authorities are notified nothing is done and the regs and rules then only seem to aplly to law abbiding citizens and sportsmen with a concious! The only places that are regularly patrolled are the ones that can produce revenue ! Please any law enforcement representative feel free to correct me if I am wrong with some factual evidence to the contrary! See your not the only one a little fed up with the conditions out there and law enforcements ideas on how when and where to render justice .

H
halibuthitman
Have you ever said anything to these folks? called osp? salmon season seems to bring out the worst in a river.. Be the change you wish to see in the world..

M
Modest_Man
steelhead1 said:

Did you call OSP? There is a number right on the back of your license.

O
OnTheFly
steelhead1 said:
I know this is a serious matter but how you put it sent me to the floor laughing.:lol:

F
Finneus Polebender
Modest_Man said:
Did you call OSP? There is a number right on the back of your license.

Have called and waited and waited and waited then it got dark and they left! Have called and when they did finally show up was told they have to witness the infraction in order to enforce it! Kinda figured out what calling did just wasted my time and added to my frustration . Now I speak my peace and go about my buisness !

Last edited:
S
steelhead1
No cell service in siletz.I wouldnt call em anyway.A huge chunk of my (and your) licence dollar goes torward law enforcement, but I havnt been checked in fifteen years or more,and that was at ee wilson! I am seeing red when I observe these scums acting this way,a confrontation would only cause trouble and someone may get hurt.They know damn well what they are doing wrong and the dont care.So my best solution is to follow the rules and pack out my trash,be courteous,and bite my toungue:p

M
master-baiter
steelhead1 said:
No cell service in siletz.I wouldnt call em anyway.A huge chunk of my (and your) licence dollar goes torward law enforcement, but I havnt been checked in fifteen years or more,and that was at ee wilson! I am seeing red when I observe these scums acting this way,a confrontation would only cause trouble and someone may get hurt.They know damn well what they are doing wrong and the dont care.So my best solution is to follow the rules and pack out my trash,be courteous,and bite my toungue:p

i agree. OPS wont show up for hours. and if they do its too late. People wont stop what they are doing illegal because you say something. People seem to get very agressive when salmon fishing so its just asking for a confrontation. I was at alsea yesterday and there were 4 mexicans wading in a narrow rapid trying to snag fish going up. I didn't say anything just for that reason.

J
jeffcycles
I was at Eagle Creek yesterday and there were 4 white guys on the bank trying to snag fish going through.

T
TTFishon
Why does this topic have to be a race issue? I'm pretty sure every culture has scumbags that don't care.

B
BobbiDollPDX
TTFishon said:
Why does this topic have to be a race issue? I'm pretty sure every culture has scumbags that don't care.

Very good question.

troutdude
troutdude
steelhead1 said:

I tip my hat to you for taking the high road, and doing the right things!

troutdude
troutdude
BobbiDollPDX said:
Very good question.

All races are guilty (as one peep already mentioned...he has seen white guys doing it).

Personally, I have see WAY more white trash on my fishing adventures than any other culture.

Anyway...now back to the original topic....................................................

H
halibuthitman
unfortunately the worst 20% of a culture determines the image of any given culture.. and the fact that more hispanics and other races come from a lower income bracket in oregon, your gonna see more of them out taking advantage of the free food swimming by.. its sociology... not racism.. and frankly its worth the laughs watching the Russians in polyester slacks and pleather jackets fishing rotted out silvers, it helps pass the time.

troutdude
troutdude
halibuthitman said:
its sociology... not racism.. and frankly its worth the laughs watching the Russians in polyester slacks and pleather jackets fishing rotted out silvers, it helps pass the time.

Good point HHM. It is about sociology and acceptable practices within one's cultural structure.

And watching ANYONE fishing for sorebacks is hysterical! LOL

M
master-baiter
its not a race issue at all, it is what it is. Does hispanic best suit the profile for you? I call it like i see it. How else are theifs caught on cammera profiled by the news?

just to edit: i still agree with everyone.....not trying portrait a certain ethnic, because like stated each has bad ones.

Last edited:
J
jeffcycles
TTFishon said:

My response is a little late, as this has now been discussed enough, but I was asking the same question through not-so-witty sarcasm.

"I was at Eagle Creek yesterday and there were 4 white guys on the bank trying to snag fish going through."

Actually I didn't even get to fish yesterday, I had to work.

C
Chedster
I saw some idiots on the upper gorge of the siletz retaining chinook. According to the regs, chinook retention is closed above the moonshine boat ramp. I saw a OSP truck heading back as I left and stopped and told them. No idea if anything was done. Why even keep the fish, they are getting pretty dark. Let them spawn.

Last edited:
C
Chedster
Good to know, I take it that is below the moonshine boat ramp? I informed the guy that salmon retention was closed in the gorge and he got defensive, telling me I was wrong. Hopefully he got busted.

Top Bottom