where are the trout hiding

T
tonythefish
Does anybody know a good spot to go trout fising. Ive tried the sandy with no luck,can you help me...

B
beaverfan
tonythefish said:
Does anybody know a good spot to go trout fising. Ive tried the sandy with no luck,can you help me...

Any of the lakes up by Mt. Hood should be loaded and producing nice catches. You could try Trillium or Timothy. There are tons of stocked lakes up there that produce fish throughout the summer.

Troutski
Troutski
South...

South...

All the Trout are south of you this time of the season, one must drive 2 hours south on I-5 to find Trout this time of year.;)

Chuck

Irishrover
Irishrover
Beaverfan........you took the words right out of my mouth. Along with Timothy and Trillium, check out Clear Lake, Frog Lake,Lawrence Lake, and Lost lake. If you son is young enough and you want to see him catch a trout for sure there is the Trout Farm just east of Sandy on Hwy 26. I havent been there in years but when the grand kids could only handle about 10 minutes of fishining I would swing them by there for a fish or two. It's a pay per fish place. Good luck and that's the Trout Farm not the Elusive Trout Pub!

Last edited:
Reactions: Pita
O
OnTheFly
Troutski said:
All the Trout are south of you this time of the season, one must drive 2 hours south on I-5 to find Trout this time of year.;)

Chuck

Yeah but Troutski's talk'in 'bout his fridg:D

A
autofisher
OnTheFly said:
Yeah but Troutski's talk'in 'bout his fridg:D

Either that or he's "fishin" for someone to come drop a line with him.
I'm hittin Trillium this weekend.

J
JMac
I dont know...I think Troutski may have it right. Just got back from a trip up to Lost Lake (near Hood) and nearly got skunked. Got one little scrappy rainbow. Awesome lake with great views and some beautiful looking trout water but next trip I make this summer is gonna be south.

Troutski
Troutski
Trout populations...

Trout populations...

JMac said:
I dont know...I think Troutski may have it right. Just got back from a trip up to Lost Lake (near Hood) and nearly got skunked. Got one little scrappy rainbow. Awesome lake with great views and some beautiful looking trout water but next trip I make this summer is gonna be south.

We just don't have the same pressure down here that you are lucky enough to have in your area;)
Less pressure more fish for those who get on the water...simple mathmatics
I would love to have a Trout Derby on Hills Creek, and just be another competitor but some would say I had an uneven advantage. We are just very blessed to have so many res. and lakes with in an hours drive and all hold fish and very little pressure...we have the same boating congestion that you have up north, but ours are PWC's and Skiers. The positive part of this ratio is the lakes and res. are so large that there is room for everyone, well except for the UW Huskies;). Just a joke....well maybe a joke:rolleyes:

Chuck

Chuck

F
fishhead
The coast

The coast

Tillamook has five rivers to choose from all of which have good trout fishing.