Where are the spots on the Willamette that fishing techniques change?

Q
qwapaw
Is there a map available that shows where the Willy changes from one type fishing to another. I know one of the spots is the bridge in Harrisburg, but I don't know where you can only artificial lure fish, fly fish, Bait fish or what. The synopsis didn't really help much, just confused me. 64 years in the area, and now I don't know how to fish where. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Qwapaw. ( Dan )

B
Blackdiamond1983
Any thing below Hendricks bridge is lure/fly only. Above Hendricks bridge bait is allowed.

Q
qwapaw
Thanks, that will make it easier than I thought. I believe below the Harrisburg bridge must be bait ok too. I was told the guides make you change to lures at that point. Thanks again, mostly I want to test out some new design lures I am making catching a fish would be a bonus. Qwapaw

B
Blackdiamond1983
Whoops scratch that. I was thinking the Mckenzie for some reason.

E
eugene1
From the regs page 59:

Hwy 20 bridge located at Albany upstream to Hwy 99 bridge at Harrisburg- Use of bait allowed April 26-Oct. 31

Hwy 99 bridge located at Harrisburg upstream to McKenzie River mouth- • Angling restricted to artificial flies and lures, as per Zone Regulations

Other areas on the Willy are open to bait year round.

Best,

Q
qwapaw
Thanks for the help. I don't want to make a contribution to the Eugene Mission. Qwa

Reactions: eugene1