Where are the crabbing reports?

plumbertom

I haven't been out for over a month now.Aside from weather there have been other reasons keeping me at home.
But things are getting better and it looks as if the weather is improving.
I'd like to read some reports of catches in the bays.
Helps to get me wound up to get out there.

rogerdodger

lower CoosBay has widely spaced crab, I moved locations and tested several depths, pulled lots of blanks. Came home with 7 nice crab but I landed 4 lingcod (took home a 23" and 24", plus a copper rockfish..

in this image, Pepper is 'informing' me that I am taking too long loading up. She wants her half of a DQ chicken strips basket and she wants it now. lol

rogerdodger

Well done Roger, what are you using to catch the lingcod?
first 3 drifts with squid resulted in just one keeper crab. switched to a 4oz Lancers green/silver and 3 straight drifts, I hooked lingcod (lost the first which was larger after a long battle, retained the next two). released 2 more later that also came on the green/silver jig. I did see a few bait balls on the sonar that were probably herring, so I think that jig was working due to that. I work the Lancers like I do the squid- near the bottom and close to the submerged rock wall, I don't do any big 'up and down' jigging action like you would out in deep ocean water...cheers, roger