Where am I going wrong?

C
Charlie_merrifi
So I took my first koke trip I only boated four of about fifteen they all got off right behind the boat. What's the deal. I know they are soft mouthed. Is my medium action rod too much. The leadcore line. Resling too hard?

C
capblack
first of all, everyone loses a lot of kokes. if you can get 75 or 80 prcent of hooked fish in the cooler, your doing good, but the thing Ive found helps a lot, is making sure your lures are rigged with two hooks opposite each other. tie them so the first hook eye is 1/2 inch from the start of the second hook. that will help a bunch. Brian
Charlie_merrifi said:
So I took my first koke trip I only boated four of about fifteen they all got off right behind the boat. What's the deal. I know they are soft mouthed. Is my medium action rod too much. The leadcore line. Resling too hard?

B
beaverfan
Are you using a snubber? What leader are you running, how long? Are you yarding them in quick or letting them tire a little bit? Your lead line doesn't have much give so use a somewhat "stretchy" leader. Also it won't take much with that large of rod to rip the hook right out so take it easy on em.

M
Mike123
Ya if your using a heavier rod and bigger line I'd use a snubber to absorb the shock. I use a light action 4-10lb. kokanee rod with 4lb test and it seems to absorb a lot of the shock so I never use the snubber. Try one and see if it helps.
Also double hook rigs are nice as well!

C
Charlie_merrifi
I was using a snubber. I think I'm going to get a different rod. Also what do you mean by tying the two hooks together. I'm using the leader that came on the wedding ring