When to fish Lost Lake?

C
crazyhats5
I want to take a trip to lost lake with my new camper and I'm wondering when the best time to go is? I was thinking May-June. I have a friend who does not fish much so I would love to get him into a bow or 2!! Thanks Adam

Irishrover
Irishrover
If you are refering to the Lost Lake by Mt Hood then you are correct in your assumption of Mid May. All depends on the snow. New Camper congratulations!

C
crazyhats5
Thank you we get it friday 2011 lance 855! I want to find the best early season lake.

G
GDBrown
Clear Lake is prety good about then as well.

S
Sgrunig90
I thought about going up to Lost Lake this next weekend, try for some steelhead they've stocked in there... :)

H
halibuthitman
Sgrunig90 said:
I thought about going up to Lost Lake this next weekend, try for some steelhead they've stocked in there... :)
The steelhead I saw in lost lake last week were pretty much zombies.. you might pull their heads off on a hard hook set, but there was a ton of trout activity, went to vernonia ponds as well, and those jokers at the nfn hatchery appear to have put around a 20+ pound fish in there, I cast at it 1789 times... but no dice-

S
Sgrunig90
Nice you saw a 20+lber and no luck. I know that feeling. Ouch...Watch next time you go up there, won't see it. :(

GungasUncle
GungasUncle
halibuthitman said:
The steelhead I saw in lost lake last week were pretty much zombies.. you might pull their heads off on a hard hook set, but there was a ton of trout activity, went to vernonia ponds as well, and those jokers at the nfn hatchery appear to have put around a 20+ pound fish in there, I cast at it 1789 times... but no dice-

I thought steelhead were the fish of a thousand casts? XD You should've caught the fish at least by cast # 1001! I'd demand my money back. Or at least demand a double hookup on cast number 2000. Might want to up your leader strength just a tad for that though...

C
crazyhats5
So some action on lost lake nice! Is there a lot of snow? I want to take the new camper up in a week or two and try my trout luck. Did you rent a boat or fish from the bank?

Irishrover
Irishrover
There are at least three Lost Lakes that I know of. The one in Hood River County by Mt Hood has got to be well snowed in. I think the one were the fishing action is, is down on the coast. Then there is the other lost lake in the mid Cascades.