When do you catch more fish?

When do you catch more fish?

• Total voters
A
autofisher
So I wanted to ask people when they feel they are catching more fish. Is it when you have your highest confidence and you feel like a fish killing machine? Or is it when your confidence is low and the Fish God's finally reward you?

For me it's a little bit of both...... Sometimes I feel like I'm hammering fish like no other..... and then I go on those tormenting God awful streaks where nothing goes right and I almost couldn't even pay to get a fish. So which is it?

S
SantiamDrifter
While the water is cool and before they start recycling fish.

M
Mike123
When it's not dumping rain and hail in May. lmao

M
Markcanby
Mike123 said:
When it's not dumping rain and hail in May. lmao

What are you talking about I love the rain! Today I was drift fishing in the street infront of my house. Also no need to go to the lake just go in my back yard!

A
adambomb
I catch the most fish when 1. I fall down and get wet
2. I use my trout rod
3. Whenever I go fishing with Markcanby:shock:

M
Mike123
Markcanby said:
What are you talking about I love the rain! Today I was drift fishing in the street infront of my house. Also no need to go to the lake just go in my back yard!

Bahahaha

T
Thuggin4Life
I cantg answer the poll since soon as you tink you got it you don't and vice versa. bit of both sop answer in the middle, or i'll just be undecided and i'll change my screen name to florida. I still don't know why the bite is on one day and off the next no matter what you do or why sometimes you can't keep fish off the hookfor a week straight. all i know is you are fishin with bfishin hes gonna get one and you aren't, happens everytime,.

A
autofisher
I seem to catch the better and more memorable fish when I'm having a hard time. It seems like I go through this drought of absolutely nothing, and then when all I'm convinced that I can catch is suckerfish..... WHAM! So I try to convince myself that I'm out for the scenery on a regular basis. It happens on a regular to me.

T
the_intimidator03
hmm when do i catch more fish, when im fishing in the water :p all i can honestly say.... i rarely get skunked

A
autofisher
the_intimidator03 said:
hmm when do i catch more fish, when im fishing in the water :p all i can honestly say.... i rarely get skunked

I rarely get skunked either. I almost always catch something. Suckerfish, smolt, lil trout, and the ever elusive and always hard hitting timber trout.

H
halibuthitman
I catch the most fish when I don't try to make a big production out of it..... its just fishing.. thats all, make it more than that and now its golf, don't turn a nice thing like fishing into golf. oh, and when I use POP'a TOP" yarn of course!!!

A
autofisher
halibuthitman said:
I catch the most fish when I don't try to make a big production out of it..... its just fishing.. thats all, make it more than that and now its golf, don't turn a nice thing like fishing into golf. oh, and when I use POP'a TOP" yarn of course!!!

Actually, I think you're the one that got me thinking about this. That day we went fishing. Sounds kind of stupid, but it put a lot of things into perspective for me as far as the fishing goes. If it does end up being on Pop-A-Top Yarn......cool beans. If not, well......cool beans. A fish is a fish is a fish.......

R
rippin fish lips
all i can say is that i always have a fish pulling my line away! i make sure that every time i go fishing i catch fish! i never LEAVE THE RIVER/LAKE/PONDS/CANALS/CREEKS/ANY BODY OF WATER, without hooking into a fish!

(rain or shine) :)

H
halibuthitman
rippin fish lips said:
all i can say is that i always have a fish pulling my line away! i make sure that every time i go fishing i catch fish! i never LEAVE THE RIVER/LAKE/PONDS/CANALS/CREEKS/ANY BODY OF WATER, without hooking into a fish!

(rain or shine) :)
that sounds exactly like something a guy who is 18, been fishing 3 years.. has 18 posts.... with 0 pictures... would say. I have long ago been relieved of the burden of having to catch a fish. I go to visit my rivers, I am haunted by them... the fish.. well, there cool too.

M
metalfisher76
halibuthitman said:
that sounds exactly like something a guy who is 18, been fishing 3 years.. has 18 posts.... with 0 pictures... would say. I have long ago been relieved of the burden of having to catch a fish. I go to visit my rivers, I am haunted by them... the fish.. well, there cool too.

And I mean HAUNTED!!! What am I doing here.....

R
rippin fish lips
yeah lol. my family didn't get me into fishing, when i was little i always saw ppl doing it and told myself thats what i wanted to do, i guess i have beein fishing for more then 3 years, but this last 3 years is when im really gettin into it, my family doesn't fish at all, im the only one that fishes in it and i want to turn that around some day! this 3 years had been that past few years of my best fishing ever! hooking too many trout to count! well over the tripple digits now! and i have hooked into about 6 or 8 salmon/steelhead. which i think is really good for 3 years of gettin out there a couple times a week!

J
Jodin
usually when I'm all tangled up and performing an awful retrieve