When do the crawdads pop?

O
Oregonchris
Do you know which monthe the little monsters start making their appearance?

A
ArcticAmoeba
Start settin traps just before the Bass spawn. Ususally that is about the time of year we get into more than just a few per trap.

F
FishSchooler
Are they out in late august? We reserved (well I had no idea) a campsite at timothy. Want a fish/crawdad feast.:dance:

F
Fishtopher
Ive seen a few traps in some creeks already. I didn't check their traps for em though.:lol:

A
ArcticAmoeba
Crawdiddily's thrive in the Summer. There are a few out there right now, but as soon as the water wwarms up a hair, it is on. They will be availableat Timothy all the way into fall.

J
joeyota
do they just hide out during the winter and go dormant or do they die? Where are they now? I have never caught them out of a lake, Do they taste the same?

J
joesnuffy
i see them year round in Hell's Canyon, don't know why they would do other elsewhere.

F
fish_on!!!
Johnson creek?

Johnson creek?

I've seen a lot in Johnson creek in the summer but the 1's I saw didn't look so good so I dont even bother. any1 if they're any good?

F
Fishtopher
fish_on!!! said:
I've seen a lot in Johnson creek in the summer but the 1's I saw didn't look so good so I dont even bother. any1 if they're any good?

Ive lived less than a mile from the creek my whole life and never thought of eating a crawdad from there. Ive kept a few as pets when I was a kid but...I guess you could snap one open and see if little worms go flying everywhere....

G
grampa ron
Crawdads/Mudbugs

Crawdads/Mudbugs

They actually are pretty good if you can get any size to them. They are mini Lobster. Drop them in boiling water, do't worry about the screaming it won't last long. Break off the tail, pull out the poop chute, dip them in melted butter with a little garlic salt added then pop them in your mouth, YUM! I can only eat 50 or so!