Whats your favorite time of day to fish?

R
rippin fish lips
My favorite time of day to fish is in the AM when im not too tired to get up. But i do like the evening bite too!!

kirkster
kirkster
I absolutley love the am first legal.

T
Thuggin4Life
I like being at the ramp before legal. Launching the boat in complete darkness and motoring in the dark to the killing grounds while gearing up and waiting for that moment when its time to catch some fish. But i also like that end of the day fish watching the sun go down hoping for that one last fish on before its game over for the day.

J
JeannaJigs
Last light, fish on=epic.

I'm not a morning person, in the least, but, i must say 90% of the time I'm fishing first legal, and usually don't survive first legal to sundown unless I've got an ample supply of painkillers. If I lived close enough to some of my preferred killing grounds, I'd fish the morning, go home for midday and head back out for the evening. Although lately, I've been gettin' fish during the midday..so...hmm...I just need a back transplant and I'll be golden to be out there twilight to dusk.

M
mosd
first light, love getting to the ramps before anyone else an slowly motoring out to the grounds, sipping a good dark cup of coffee (have everything rigged up the night before)

18406ej
18406ej
I am usually looking forward to the next opportunity to fish, so when the chance comes I gear up the night before, and drive to the site to be there at the first legal second. Plus I seem to catch more bug bites in the evening than in the AM.

W
wormosa
catching the morning dew

B
bigdog
Anytime

T
Throbbit _Shane
bigdog said:

:clap::clap::clap:

im mostly evenings. but yesterday morning might of changed that :D

F
fishnquest
right when I get there :D

M
Mattdm22
I prefer the mornings but the evening bite is just as good!

Troutski
Troutski
Late morning to mid afternoon.....

Chuck

G
GDBrown
If I'm fly fishing I like the evening bite, but I don't get up easily anyway without some practice and I haven't had any of that lately. OTF got me up early this year to drag flies on Clear lake but it seemed like noon before we got there. Hillsboro is along way from Mt Hood.

B
beaverfan
Depends, river fishing I prefer morning for the most part and lakes I like evening, right before dark!

J
JHawk
Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Anytime I can fish without a crowd is great,but my favorite time of day for anything is 4am.

B
bernduffy
Early morning is my favorite. too. The solitude, the quiet......the changing light conditions energizing our prey...the silent comradeship among the few intrepid anglers crazy and dedicated enough to be at it that early.
But another treasured experience is an entire day on a piece of water, from before dawn to after sunset. It's like a whole life time with all it's changes and ups and downs. You feel a part of nature that is truly profound. Sure calms me down.

C
capblack
I like fishing when theres not a lot of people out, so my favorite time is early in the morning, but i also love fishing in the evening, and theres nothing wrong with catching some fish mid day either, i guess any time theyre biting is my favorite time to fish, i just love fishing, Brian

M
Markcanby
GDBrown said:
If I'm fly fishing I like the evening bite, but I don't get up easily anyway without some practice and I haven't had any of that lately. OTF got me up early this year to drag flies on Clear lake but it seemed like noon before we got there. Hillsboro is along way from Mt Hood.

Im with you GD. I like to sleep in from time to time an there is something special about a evening hatch.

I like the Gentlemen's sports. I bird hunt also we dont have to get to the field tell about 8 or 9am so there is always time for a cafe in the on the way.

S
SmallStreams
Any time it's not raining or blowing a gale or otherwise making my life uncomfortable with too much sun/heat.

If I think back to all the fishing done in my life, I come to the conclusion that the time of day mattered little. I like the dawn light when looking down on the intended mountain stream valley or out across a grassy floodplain. Usually I'm too tired to fish until dark and stumbling around on rounded river rock in the dark sucks, but it's fun to watch the fish start rising on cue to the evening bugs.