What's with all the wind

F
fishnquest
It seems like this year has been especially windy. I must have had a dozen trips cancelled due to wind; on the ocean, on the river, in the delta. For those of you who don't know, I'm in Ca. It seems crazy. I haven't been out once yet for sturgeon, only twice for striper and got out once between blows for some ocean rockfish. Had a lot of halibut trips cancelled. The wind is blowing now at home as I type and its never windy here. I wonder if its windy everywhere or is it because nevada sucks? (Nothing personal, I love Nevada). Maybe mother nature is trying to tell us something.

H
halibuthitman
I was in redding last week and it was blowin fierce!! arent you supposed to be in Kodiak huggin your daughter right now anyway?... the sockeye are knee deep in the Buskin river today I bet!

F
fishnquest
I wish I was. Its her birthday tomorrow. 3 more weeks from yesterday; July 6-19.

O
OnTheFly
And don't forget how frickin cold it is. If I see Al Gore I'm going to kick his ass!

F
fishnquest
:lol:

H
halibuthitman
an old norwegian fisherman once told me the wind blows the hook in the fishes mouth.... if that helps any? all ive seen is the wind blows the hook in the flycasters ear...or hand....or neck... or his friends neck..

H
Hawk
fishnquest said:
It seems like this year has been especially windy. I must have had a dozen trips cancelled due to wind; on the ocean, on the river, in the delta. For those of you who don't know, I'm in Ca. It seems crazy. I haven't been out once yet for sturgeon, only twice for striper and got out once between blows for some ocean rockfish. Had a lot of halibut trips cancelled. The wind is blowing now at home as I type and its never windy here. I wonder if its windy everywhere or is it because nevada sucks? (Nothing personal, I love Nevada). Maybe mother nature is trying to tell us something.

Bro, fer many years i put up with the winds & searched fer a windless place, on vacations, to move to.

I fished the Delta, Sac River, CA Aquaduct, Delta/Mendota canal, San Luis Forebay, San Antonio Lake & naciemiento...ALL WINDY:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I finally found my Shangri-La heer in the mountains. Very little wind in over 4 lustrums...
:lol::lol::lol:
:cool::cool::cool: