What's up with the bass?

A
Ace~Danger
Hey all....was thinkin of hitting the river for lunch sence i have to stay on site for my lunch break all week....:naughty:.....i work under the freemont bridge and have scoped some pileings that hold a wharehouse up.....what u think?....what do i use?........totally clueless people.....fish for sturgen never bass........OFF rocks so glad i found u people:clap::dance::D....any help?

Last edited:
Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Welcome to our lil 'ol forum, a great place for info. I'm no bass expert, but, we have several folks who are pretty darn good who are willing to help out. In fact, the state champion is here frequently, Colby Pearson. I'm going to move this to the bass forum section so you will get more responses.

F
fish4life
3' grubs with 1/8 leadhead

A
Ace~Danger
Thanks a lot....stole some plastic white worms from my kids bass pole cheesemo box......no bites but felt good...think ima get em'.......any sent i could use?.....are thay shallow or deep.....whats a grub fish4life? Sry like i said new to bass got a ton of rubber ...crazy glad i got some help so i can zero in luv ya guys.

F
fish4life
A curly tail grub like a mister twister chartruse metal flake seems to work good for me.

H
Hendo30
here are some examples, hope it helps

imagesCAS42EJG.jpg

Reactions: waco
H
hawgcaller
Don't know about the regulations but I know just about anything will eat a nightcrawler. But if you are set to learn some artificial techniques I always recommend a 4 or 5 inch senko has caught a lot of people a lot of bass. Watermelon is one of my go to colors, also purple with emerald flake is pretty deadly too. Rig the 4 inch weightless with a 3/0 Gamakatsu EWG(extra wide gap) and the 5 inch on a 4/0 EWG. Look on youtube how to rig a senko weedless, cast it toward the cover and let it sink on a slack line. watch your line for any odd movement,(other than your line sinking of course) if it gets jerky its a strike and don't be afraid to cross his eyes! Good luck!

T
tomriker
uhg, don't use a senko..

H
hawgcaller
C
catfishman89
tomriker said:
uhg, don't use a senko..
Yeah once you start using them you can't stop.:cool: I fish under the fremont bridge a lot for bass. Its really going to be hard to catch anything now. The water needs to be at least 50 and not so muddy. I usually dont go there until june. A 3 inch senko with a 1/32 oz weight and a 1/0 ewg gamaktsu hook texas rig would be a good start. Fish the base of the bridge pillars and other currents break along the shore. Not a lot of smallies are caught now but if you do catch one it will probably be at least over 3 pounds. Ive also have had luck in march with rattling crankbaits. The ones under two inches work the best in silver colors. Btw watch out for bums and theres the possibilty of catching a dead body. :shock:

Reactions: eugene1
E
eugene1
catfishman89 said:
Yeah once you start using them you can't stop.:cool: I fish under the fremont bridge a lot for bass. Its really going to be hard to catch anything now. The water needs to be at least 50 and not so muddy. I usually dont go there until june. A 3 inch senko with a 1/32 oz weight and a 1/0 ewg gamaktsu hook texas rig would be a good start. Fish the base of the bridge pillars and other currents break along the shore. Not a lot of smallies are caught now but if you do catch one it will probably be at least over 3 pounds. Ive also have had luck in march with rattling crankbaits. The ones under two inches work the best in silver colors. Btw watch out for bums and theres the possibilty of catching a dead body. :shock:

sounds like good advice, LOL'd about the bums and bodies!