Whats up? (huge mixed report w/pics)

brandon4455

Hey all, just chiming in to see what has been up.this is a roll call for those who have been here several years or more! i would love to hear from you all. I have been Lurking lately, but feeling a need to check i know a have a good amount of you on facebook, maybe thats why i have been absent so much the past handful of years. That, and being a dad and working a lot definitely takes away from my free time!
this place use to be like my online home when i was in my first few years of high school and i made many good friends and learned a lifetime worth of fishing and life in general stuff.

Last year my family and i re located to New Mexico for family and work, but the oilfield slowed down after almost a year of work. So we decided it was best to come home and stay put.
During my time in the farmington area i fished the san juan river heavily, and also caught loads of bass and carp at the local lakes with spinning tackle. it was a whole different world! although i missed home every day, it was a really cool exerience that i wont forget!

Fast Forward to fall season back here in oregon,
there was no dust to knock off all through fall, as myself and friends had a handful of double digit days for chinook and cohos, some of those days on flies which was an absolute blast!

attached are photos from fly fishing the san juan in new mexico during my time away, and some oregon coast fall chinook on the fly from this past october!

hope to hear back from a lot of you.lets get the fly section running strong again!!

-Brandon

Attachments

C_Run

Welcome back. What a coincidence. I just recognized your name on some facebook group this week. You're in the jig making business now? I'm not fishing as much now but still try to hit the Nestucca - Alsea zone several times each winter. See you around.

Attachments

brandon4455

Welcome back. What a coincidence. I just recognized your name on some facebook group this week. You're in the jig making business now? I'm not fishing as much now but still try to hit the Nestucca - Alsea zone several times each winter. See you around.

Thanks! Happy to be back. That’s a great fish! It was a way better fall season than expected.Good to see you’re still fishing even if it’s less. Have you been up to the reservoir in recent years since I’ve been gone??
And yes I am. My fishing buddy,my cousin, and myself have started up a little business we are working on “northwest Stillwater fly & tackle”

it’s a work in progress.

Jay, it may be a beaver state, but it’s full of #fightingducks! Go ducks!!!

troutdude

Jay, it may be a beaver state, but it’s full of #fightingducks! Go ducks!!!
I knew that I was "poking the bear" when I typed my comment--and it got EXACTLY the response that I calculated too! ROTFLMBO!!! And just a reminder that the BEAVS just won the Civil War (and have now defeated those waddling creatures ONE HUNDRED NINETY times now...neener neerer...lol).

P.S. It's been at least 3 years since I've been to the "res". They stopped allowing ANY and ALL types of floatation devices on the water. Too many asshats were ruining the place!

brandon4455

I knew that I was "poking the bear" when I typed my comment--and it got EXACTLY the response that I calculated too! ROTFLMBO!!! And just a reminder that the BEAVS just won the Civil War (and have now defeated those waddling creatures ONE HUNDRED NINETY times now...neener neerer...lol).

P.S. It's been at least 3 years since I've been to the "res". They stopped allowing ANY and ALL types of floatation devices on the water. Too many asshats were ruining the place!
?? you dang beaver fans I swear. Yeah, it’s a shame. The city bought the land around it from Hancock and that’s also hand something to do with it. Not only did stupid tweakers get caught with a gas motor in there, but it caused concern for invasive species in our water supply so they shut boats down. I’ll be going to the city council and soil and water conservation with a proposal for more recreational opportunities there including floatation devices for the reservoir, maybe with a pay station to fund floatation device checked and patrols. And also stimulate local economy. I’ll add a separate thread for that another time

troutdude

I’ll be going to the city council and soil and water conservation with a proposal for more recreational opportunities there including floatation devices for the reservoir, maybe with a pay station to fund floatation device checked and patrols.
Most excellent! You're the right dude for the gig!

Top Bottom