What's the happening lake for the Kiddo's near Hillsboro

J
Jessals Fishing
I just moved down from Alaska and have been trying to find some cool little lakes on the west side of Portland to take my son to. Just looking for somewhere close with plenty of action for the kiddo's. Been spending plenty of time figuring out the Steelhead scene but just want to take advantage of the great weather and bust out the Snoopy poles and bobbers this afternoon.

F
fishwithdynamite
Try Hagg Lake out near Forrest Grove. There is plenty of fish, bank access, and it is a nice lake. That is the only lake I have fished with any consistent success around Hillsboro. Night crawlers floated off the bottom, power eggs/bait, spinners, etc.. all have worked for me there. Don't forget to pick up a two rod endorsement before hitting up a lake this year!

J
Jessals Fishing
I headed out to Vernonia Lake and hit a few little stockers on Sat. Kids had a blast and what an easy lake to take them to, other than the crowd, but 2 pm on a sunny sat, what do you expect huh? I think I am going to take them Hagg today. Any tips???

D
Denduran87
Bethany Pond, just north of 26, off of 185th is stocked with trout. It has some bass and some cat fish. Ive had fun up there and also you can catch some crayfish just past the little dam.

G
GDBrown
Dorman Pond

Dorman Pond

There also Dorman Pond out past Forest Grove on the way to Tillamook. It is stocked with trout in the spring and is easy to access. At the juction of Hwy 6 & Hwy 8 if I'm not mistaken.
I've gone by it so many times I'm not sure what the roads are.... I'm on autopilot by then.

Dorman Pond, Oregon - Google Maps

Last edited:
F
frodog
Do they put brooders in Dorman's pond or are those hogs holdovers? I have seen so very large trout swimming around in there.