What's next?

EOBOY
EOBOY
Two weeks ago I was on the D catching Redsides, last Sunday I spent the day chasing Bass and yesterday I spent the day hunting the elusive Springer, and Summer on the Clack. What a great State for fishing it is we live in. Yesterday was a great 4/20 the sun was shining the water was perfect and the company was great. The trout, suckers and Pike minnows were out in force but every once in awhile the big boys came out to play.

Big Ben and I met up with our favorite guide, no name needed I'm sure, to learn the ropes of the up coming Clack fishery. The river was ours alone except for one little Kayak that came floating down the river upside down with a rock in it. Ruined a good drift we had going right in the middle of the drift. We dragged it to the bank and started at the beginning of our drift again. About half way through the drift here came a rescue boat screaming up the river, we pointed to the raft and they asked if we had called 911. Nope. They gathered up the kayak and booked up river. A little while later they came rippin back down stream, slowed to allow us to continue fishing and then took off like a rockett. Looked like a fun ride.

By the time we were through we had one in the boat and a pretty Nate we sent on it's way and some of those pesky trout. Ben and the unnamed guide are trying to make sure there was no fin on our keeper, another botch job at the hatch.

• what.jpg
  • bensl.jpg
  • kyk.jpg
K
K406
Nice fish! Mind sharing what drift you did on the Clack? Also, haven't been out to the Deschutes yet this year, but going in the next couple weeks. Can't wait to see some nice trout. Any report on how the red side bite was?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

EOBOY
EOBOY
Barton to Carver. It was fair I would say but it should be better now for the next couple of weeks.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

K
K406
Right on. Thanks! I walk/wade, so May have to explore that area soon. Been too busy to fish much this year so far, so am way over due for some river time.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

T
TimberTodd
Looks like a great day Dana. That no name guide isn't half bad!

O
OnTheDrop
image.jpg
EOBOY this should be your avatar

@TimberTodd , Your steak and beer is ready when you are :)

EOBOY
EOBOY
Figures Todd gets steak and Ben and I get tube steak

Hooked Up
Hooked Up
EOBOY said:
Figures Todd gets steak and Ben and I get tube steak

I'm going with that no name guide in May, he didn't mention BBQ & beverages

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

P
pinstriper
What's next?

He mentioned BBQ and beverages last time I went with him.

Unfortunately, the mention was "you ain't gettin' no...."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EOBOY
EOBOY
LOL

Hooked Up
Hooked Up
pinstriper said:
He mentioned BBQ and beverages last time I went with him.

Unfortunately, the mention was "you ain't gettin' no...."

Maybe I missed that memo….:sad:

Hooked Up
Hooked Up
TimberTodd said:
Dana he mentioned the last time we were out that you were getting old and had bad teeth so you couldn't handle the steak.:D
Ouch!☺

T
TimberTodd
Hooked Up said:

Hans no fishing till I get my quote!

Hooked Up
Hooked Up
Working on it as I text!

EOBOY
EOBOY
TimberTodd said:
It may be fall the way things look Tanner, but I will settle for a chinook in the box and a brat on the grill:thumb:. Dana he mentioned the last time we were out that you were getting old and had bad teeth so you couldn't handle the steak.:D

Todd I'd tell about my knee's but Barb would boot me faster than a bullet going by.:blushing:

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
:popcorn:

O
OnTheDrop
Hooked Up said:

BBQ and Beverages included indeed. We will talk before the 7th, and figure out what you guys want.

Excited to get you back out, maybe we can get something special to the net again.

Hooked Up
Hooked Up
Woo Hoo! ?

T
TimberTodd
Good luck you guys! Post how you do.

Hooked Up
Hooked Up
If we have the same luck as last time, you'll be able to hear me from your house! ?