What's my chances?

D
dan88
what are my chances of catching anything off spinners in the lower clack?? i checked the fish count at the bonneville dam and there was 1177 fall nooks that passed through there. could that mean that there are some that turned up the willamette and possibly turned up the clack??

W
waco
i think right now you should be spending more time on the upper clackamas!!! thats where it seems people have more catches!!! including my self!!!

P
perfectg03
Fall nooks dont head up the willamette and into the clack. So no go there. You can still get an occassinal good looking fish in the upper stretches, seen they are still doing pretty well for summer steel but for salmon i wouldn't waste my time. Those fish are all dark and not worth the time, and that fishing isn't much of a challenge. I would just leave the fish be up there, when you pull them up on the bank half their skin falls off. Its up to you.

B
bigdog
Shoot for the steel for a couple more weeks then the coho will start coming in and you will have more fish to toss them spinners at then you know what to do with man.

M
metalfisher76
You won`t have much luck targeting fallies on the Clack. Their are a few but must be released, they won`t be clipped, and not enough left to speak of. Same with the Sandy. Although there are more of `em. If your cool with catch and release that may be an option for ya. Stark st. bridge and down. If ya want keepers you`ll need to go further east, or fish the Columbia. Good luck!!

N
ninja2010
metalfisher76 said:
If ya want keepers you`ll need to go further east, or fish the Columbia. Good luck!!

what about coastal rivers like the wilson?

D
dan88
thanks every1. ima try my luck with the steelies this week.

M
metalfisher76
They (coastal streams) actually fish later in the year. Columbia gets hit first as they make their way down the coast.

N
ninja2010
metalfisher76 said:
They (coastal streams) actually fish later in the year. Columbia gets hit first as they make their way down the coast.

gotcha... thanks.