What's in your fly box?

F
fishnquest
Souvenirs from Alaska. They tell me these are for reds, kings, and steelhead. You get to figure out which is which.

Last edited by a moderator:
B
BigD
Well, if you want us to guess, I would say the bottom row is for steel and kings, anything chartruese would be for reds (aka sockeye) and olive would be for silvers aka coho.

F
fishnquest
Im no expert. It wasn't meant to be a guessing game; I would be wrong half the time if I tried to remember what each one was for but yeah, thats pretty much what I was told.

J
joesnuffy
I'll try to remember to take a picture or two of my fly boxes at lunch.......

F
fishnquest
"kid in a candy store" syndrome took over...I'm lucky I stopped when I did. Its worse than Lays potato chips. :lol:

F
fishnquest
bigsteel said:
heres one nymph box,,,ill take some pics of my others when i get back home

Looks good...wish I knew the difference between a nymph and a harlot :lol:

O
OnTheFly
GDBrown said:
Why didn't someone tell me I was suppose to have more than one........ FLY.:mad:

GD

You don't.... 'cause you only need just one olive crystal bugger.;)

O
OnTheFly
fishnquest said:
Looks good...wish I knew the difference between a nymph and a harlot :lol:

With a harlot you have to pay to fish.:lol:

L
lilsalmon
OnTheFly said:
With a harlot you have to pay to fish.:lol:

:lol: :lol:

My fly box would look pathetic except for the generosity of bigsteel. I lost mine to the Santiam river and he helped me get my collection back (and a few from Bimart and Two Rivers Fly Shop)....I want to try tying some of my own and one day I will...job first...:D

E
everett464
This is my everyday box: A little of everything: all hand-tied, except for the moal leaches.

4879963825_413c1939fb_z.jpg

4879963565_6cd4ddaa9c_z.jpg

F
fishnquest
Wow. 3 boxes. thats a heck of an assortment.

F
fishtales
I see some very nice gear. Looks impressive.

Also reminds me of the days when I could spend more time fishing more and was organized :(

F
fishnquest
Hmmm...are you sure that wasn't hooked in a log? :lol:
Thats a nice looking assortment you have there.

O
OnTheFly
bigsteel said:
nymph and dry boxes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:):):):)

Dang!:shock:

M
meluvtrout
bigsteel said:

oh shut up! :)

M
meluvtrout
OnTheFly said:
Hey mlt...what size spruces are those? 2's, 4's? Also, the one on the left has a ruffled hackle but the one on the right looks like the hook's been bent and the body muffed so I'm not sure.:think: But if I had to bet I'd say the right one's been on a steelheed lip.

These are 4s. I haven't used these guys until the last trip, but now I'm wondering whether I should or not. I don't feel like these hooks are meant for PNW Steelhead. You can tell that how the fish liked it though by looking at the body of the spruce as well. They were identical before the fish hit.

F
fishnquest
bigsteel said:

Holy macaroni, Bigsteel. You've got more flys than a pile of horse dung!

B
bigsteel
fishnquest said:
Holy macaroni, Bigsteel. You've got more flys than a pile of horse dung!
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: THATS JUST MY MAIN BOXES

M
Markcanby
I just added 6 dozen to mine. Elk Hair caddis,some chironomids, mayfly's, caddis nymphs, man I love Ebay.

Wow OTF I didn't know you had that many colors of woolly buggers. I thought you only fished the Olive Crystal.:lol::lol: