What went wrong today :(

A
Ariel&Jared12
SO TODAY WE TOOK THE BOAT UP TO APPLEGATE RESERVOIR EARLY EARLY IN THE MORNING AND FISHED TILL 1 PM. WE GOT NOT A SINGLE BITE SO THEREFOR WE didn't CATCH NO FISH AT ALL... WE TRYED EVERYTHING THAT SOME OF U MENTIONED WERE WORKING AND WE STILL GOT NOTHING, IT WAS SUCH A BEAUTIFUL DAY AND THE LAKE WAS SO PERFECT, WE JUST DUNNO WHY WE HAD SUCH BAD LUCK ITS SO FLUSTERING TO DRIVE ALL THAT WAY AND CATCH NOTHING...NOT EVEN GET 1 BITE WHEN PPL SAID IT WAS THE PLACE TO GO. SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN WHAT COULD HAVE WENT WRONG?????? :think::think:

E
eat, sleep, fish
Sorry to hear about the bad day of fishing. It's hard to tell what went wrong with out actually being there. Hopefully next time you'll have more luck.

And remember...the worst day fishing is always better than working

A
Ariel&Jared12
ya hopefully lol cause today just was not it, having no bites is mind bogging. and yes very true, we had fun and it was soooooo nice and sunny and hot but just no fish...maybe this weekend it will be nice weather and we will try it again, till than were gonna keep it more local cause its to expensive these days to drive that far to just get skunked, i dunno how others on here say they are catching them there haha

T
Throbbit _Shane
You might have luck at other places. But in my days of fishing for trout at lakes i did far better at applegate then any other local place. But i was bank bound. There are tons of trout in Lost Creek, Willow Lake, Howard Prairie, Hyatt, and Diamond Lake. Id give all of those a shot!

C
capblack
Ariel&Jared12 said:
ya hopefully lol cause today just was not it, having no bites is mind bogging. and yes very true, we had fun and it was soooooo nice and sunny and hot but just no fish...maybe this weekend it will be nice weather and we will try it again, till than were gonna keep it more local cause its to expensive these days to drive that far to just get skunked, i dunno how others on here say they are catching them there haha

the last fishing report for applegate reservoir was from the middle of last year, where did you hear about people catching them??

A
Ariel&Jared12
on my lasts posts from what ppl have said to us!

A
Ariel&Jared12
Throbbit _Shane said:
You might have luck at other places. But in my days of fishing for trout at lakes i did far better at applegate then any other local place. But i was bank bound. There are tons of trout in Lost Creek, Willow Lake, Howard Prairie, Hyatt, and Diamond Lake. Id give all of those a shot!

u told us applegate was the best lake for fish right now lol but its all good buddy maybe next time we will catch something

A
Ariel&Jared12
Here's a few pictures of the gorgeous warm day though! So it wasn't a complete waste of time, lol. -- The lake is pretty full compared to the last time we went there.

Last edited:
T
Throbbit _Shane
Ariel&Jared12 said:
u told us applegate was the best lake for fish right now lol but its all good buddy maybe next time we will catch something

I havent done much trout fishing this year. but years past applegate was great and lightly pressured. my friends can attest, they live in eagle point and would rather drive there then goto lost creek to fish from the bank. A few of those lakes wont open until next weekend so applegate was a good option. I fished there once this year when the lake was really low and seen a lot of fish jump but didn't catch any. and i was in my little pontoon boat. the cold water might have the trout lethargic so u might want to try bait instead of lures.

You guys own a drift boat? If so you should be fishing the rogue! lol

A
Ariel&Jared12
ya true, we did use bait lol we used...lures,spinners,worms,power bait from bottom and with a bobber and nothin, pretty crazy but a few sunny days should warm up the water a little and make big things happen haha

A
Ariel&Jared12
its my familys boat lol and we dont have money for steely salmon tags, plus we just got it and need to take river lessons or we may have some big problems with the boat lol and we dont want that cause there not cheap

B
beaverfan
That's why it's called fishing and not catching, some days they just aren't interested. Fishing aint always easy even if your just fishing for trout.

T
todd
i didn't catch anything over by my house either. i think it had to do with how cold i was this morning.

J
JeannaJigs
Give up fishing altogether and give me that boat. I'll show it some river love.

C
colbypearson
maybe they were up next to running water like carberry creek and stuff it is always a good idea to try running water, as well as opposite ends of a lake weither it be main lake or up a creek arm, depth to maybe trolling near the surface maybe 50' down it just depends, who knows applegate is still one of the best places to chase trout in the state.

M
Markcanby
I think your problem is we are a good 45days behind in water temps. This time last year I was tearing up trout for weeks an into some warmwater fish. Most lakes are still hoovering in teh 48 degree range still really cold.

troutdude
troutdude
Yep. What Colby said. Water temps are still cold, especially w/ ice/snow melt now. Creek inlets (especially with a nearby sharp drop OFF), around rocky points, fairly close to shore if trolling (in the top 20' of water typically), etc. Those are the places to target now, and even more so as the water temps rise.

BTW, you are VERY WISE to get some experience under your belt BEFORE you try moving water!

OH. And what Beaverfan said too. It's not called catching. ;-)

A
Ariel&Jared12
JeannaJigs said:
Give up fishing altogether and give me that boat. I'll show it some river love.

screw u buddy lets not be rude we just got the boat!!!!!

A
Ariel&Jared12
ya thats what i was thinking to is that the water is still to cold, ugh i just want to catch some fish lol but as soon as diamond opens up u better bet we will be there specially since they raised there limit to 8 per day since there are over 500,000 trout in there and there gonna be HUGE we can't wait

troutdude
troutdude
Ariel&Jared12 said:
screw u buddy lets not be rude we just got the boat!!!!!

Whoa! Hold on a minute!!!

You took that the wrong way man. It was a joke! At least I got it. It's just her sense of humor.

Take a chill pill and relax man. Jeanna is a respected OFF'er. She was not being rude.