What to use in the river for trout or steelhead

mijacques
mijacques
Hey everybody! Spent most of my life fishing for bass in lakes and fishing offshore in Alaska. Live in Oregon City and looking to bank fish the local rivers but kinda lost lol. I have a pretty big selection of poles, reels, and gear but don't really know what to use in the river for trout or steelhead. Any advice would greatly be appreciated!! Thanks!!!

troutdude
troutdude
mijacques said:
Noticed that a lot in all the YouTube videos I have been watching!
Infamous Oregon author Jed Davis (Spinner fishing for Steelhead, Salmon, and trout) always said to expect to lose several spinners, on EVERY outing. Which means presenting your OFFering IN the fishes strike zone!

mijacques
mijacques
troutdude said:
Infamous Oregon author Jed Davis (Spinner fishing for Steelhead, Salmon, and trout) always said to expect to lose several spinners, on EVERY outing. Which means presenting your OFFering IN the fishes strike zone!
Just looking that book up now. Found it on Amazon but couldn't find it on my Kindle app.

Admin
Admin
mijacques said:
Why didn't I get that email lol :)
Well, maybe it's because you are not subscribed for their reports? )

mijacques
mijacques
Admin said:
Well, maybe it's because you are not subscribed for their reports? )
I get a lot of there emails but they are probably the basic ones. I will go on the site and see if I can find where to subscribe.

Troutski
Troutski
Admin said:
just got it today in my email box from ODFW ;)

Best bets for fishing

• Trout anglers who prefer moving water, should focus on rivers that are open year-round and fish throughout the winter. Likely suspects include the lower Deschutes, Crooked, Metolius, Fall, Blitzen, Chewaucan and Wallowa rivers.
troutdude said:
@Admin perhaps someone from ODFW has been reading these threads?
We do have a state police presence on OFF, we had an issue a few years ago where a member was threating another member and his family - this member even found where the other member lived and posted a picture of his house.
They are here for everyone... just remember nothing is really private on the internet, even PM's. Back to the fishing...

Chuck

Reactions: troutdude, Admin and mijacques
mijacques
mijacques
Well was browsing craigslist for the first time in years and found a guy in Vancouver with a bunch of gear for sale. So picked up a 8' 6" Lamiglas rod. Hope that works!

Reactions: Admin
Admin
Admin
Troutski said:
We do have a state police presence on OFF
That's good. They do serve and protect. Right? )

Reactions: troutdude
troutdude
troutdude
Troutski said:
We do have a state police presence on OFF, we had an issue a few years ago where a member was threating another member and his family - this member even found where the other member lived and posted a picture of his house.
They are here for everyone... just remember nothing is really private on the internet, even PM's. Back to the fishing...

Chuck
That's awesome!